Do P90X + Run?

Options
I'm supposed to start P90X on Monday, but I'm wondering if anyone out there was able to do P90X and keep up a light run schedule. Right now I run 15-20 miles a week in sessions of 3.5-4.5 miles at a time.

Replies

• DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Seriously? No one? I guess that answers my question. Lol
  • kiwikara
    kiwikara Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! I'm supposed to start it soon too!! I know people do supplemental cardio workouts along with P90X so I see no reason why you couldn't, as long as you have the time! I'm going to keep dancing while doing it =)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    A lot of people do supplement P90X with extra cardio, but I've never known anyone to run that much in addition to P90X. You might run into problems such as not enough time in the day to get your workouts done, or overtraining and undereating. Just monitor yourself and how you are feeling and give it a try. You should know fairly quickly if you need to scale it back.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I run alongside my P90x. I don't use miles, but I tend to run anywhere 3-5 km a few times a week, sometimes more and sometimes longer. You really just have to see how you feel and how much time you have. I've never had a problem physically adding more exercise to my routine, it's more finding the time. My only piece of advice is to listen to your body and to not scale back your effort during your P90x workouts, just so you can have the energy to go for a run. There are certain days more suited to running than others. If you push yourself to the max on days like Plyo or Legs&Back then you probably shouldn't be able be able to go for a long run at max effort as well.
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I thought the cardio portions of P90X were too easy, so I supplemented with running, swimming & Turborfire.

Or, you can run on days you have weight training scheduled, and keep the P90X cardio sessions as they are intended.
  • macnupe
    macnupe Posts: 19
    Options
    I am doing a combination of P90X and Insanity. I only run around 9 miles per week done in 3 mile sets 3 times per week. I also try to get in 1 or two sets on the elliptical each week. Its do able, tiring, but do able. Good luck!
  • Harleygirl12
    Options
    I recently started doing the P90X, but somedays I can't find the time to fit it in. How do you girls fit in all of this?
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Having same issues....
    I want to start back on P90X because I loved my results but I also just recently started running and I cant let go of it!

What I did is change the schedule around to accomodate my needs and time! (I work around 11 hours a day!) Hopefully I can stick to it! (Now I know this is not the P90X program, I know I might have different results, I know Yoga is important, I know there is lots I am not doing from the program BUT this is what I want and will attempt to do ! haha Just thought I say that right from the start!):wink:

You can view my new schedule here:

http://rockieschick-on-the-go.blogspot.com/
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    It's hard to find the time to be honest, especially since my job is super demanding and doesn't really have traditional hours, but I just make myself make time. My workouts are soooo important to me, both for my physical and mental health, that I just always make them a priority, even if it means getting up a little bit earlier or staying up a bit later.