Outshine Fruit Bars

Options
SH0985
SH0985 Posts: 14 Member
Hello! As someone that has a great sweet tooth, I am looking for something fairly healthy to replace things like ice cream with. I'm not really a fan of cutting things out completely, just more, finding healthier options.

The commercial for Nestlé Outshine Fruit Frozen Bars caught my attention. They are 60-120 calories a pop, for full-sized popsicles. I think the only one, actually, that is the full 120 calories, is the creamy coconut. I've tried one of those and it is delicious.

What's the general consensus on this? Something that I should stay away from, or a good snack option for the summer months when everyone is having ice cream?

B)

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I love the yogurt ones
  • SH0985
    Options
    Why would you stay away from these? If you enjoy them and fit your calories, they sound like a great idea to me.

BTW, the same applies to ice cream. I eat both and lose weight.

Is there any particular kind? How much do you have per serving?
  • SH0985
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    I love the yogurt ones

Oh yeah? I also brought home the strawberry ones. I can't wait for those, but I was not disappointed with the coconut!! :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy it and it fits into your calories, eat one. I like the strawberry ones, especially when I don't have enough calories for ice cream.
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My whole family loves Outshine bars! We have a freezer full (or so it seems)! My favorites are peach, tangerine, strawberry, lemon and coconut.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    If I really have a sweet tooth and I need something, I eat the Grape ones for 60 calories. It takes care of that and, to me, I think it's the sweetest tasting one. Now, when I have a craving from some ice cream and I have my "fat" tooth going, it doesn't often hit that spot.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I wont say those are even that low in calories though. I love sour patch kids and they have sour patch Popsicles and they are 40 a piece. If you like them though eat them!
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I wont say those are even that low in calories though. I love sour patch kids and they have sour patch Popsicles and they are 40 a piece. If you like them though eat them!

Sour Patch popsicles are 50g (1.25cal/g) per serving though, and Outshine are 70g (1.1666 cal/g) per serving. So if the portion size helps you, great, but you're not actually getting a lower calorie product.

This is true. And you can get some of the Outshine bars in the small size popsicle and they run 35-40 calories each. But I do like the Sour Patch flavor and didn't even know these existed so I'll have to look for them!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    You could always make your own frozen yogurt/fruit bars for a fraction of the price at home!
  • 359mile
    359mile Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Too much sugar
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    We love the No Sugar Added popsicles. I have one or two after almost every run.
  • FrancineJM61
    FrancineJM61 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The pineapple ones are really good they have small chucks of pineapple in them. right now I haven lemon nd watermelon in my freezer.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    I love the lime ones! 60 calories and 15 carb grams per bar. I find this a perfectly acceptable (and tasty!) evening treat. Enjoy! :-)
  • PokerChris
    PokerChris Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm here 3 years late to say I've just discovered these and they are nom nom nom but only 60-70 calories! So far I've had pineapple and grape, with tangerine awaiting me in the freezer. They're on sale 2/$5 at Giant Eagle this week, so I'm ready to go back and stock my freezer!