anybody have mealplanning/shoplist software they use?

Options
I hired a health coach whom i love. I will continue with her for the next 3 months and then I cannot afford it anymore but she has gotten me on the right path. My main issue is planning for meals as i am not a good cook and no offense to food preppers (cooking food for an enitre week ahead of time) but I have a crazy work schedule and cannot find time to cook that much food ahead of time. She sends me new food plans weekly, i print it out and then I go shopping from the food lists. I know there is emeals.com but I am following a food container plan (beachbody) and this software allows lists of substitutions with the color coded containers. It works well for me. I know it is dumb but portion control is just better for me and the clean eating. anyway, I have tried to find a software online that does this, that i could input daily recipes in a meal plan and it would generate a shopping for a week . i cannot find something like that. Anyone know of anything like that?

Replies

• phaliamfp
    phaliamfp Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Can you not just keep those 3 months of emails and keep using those meal plans?
  • laralosingit42
    laralosingit42 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I found an awesome one! https://www.eatthismuch.com/ generates great meal plans and you can customize it!
    i would use the same ones but I get bored so easily. That is one of my issues. but thanks for the suggestions.
  • mom2kateRH
    mom2kateRH Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I use platejoy and have loved it. It does cost $100/year, but I've easily saved that much on reduced food waste and not eating out.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You don't have to use software, and your brain and your preferences will always be superior to a computer program. But you can learn from them. I regularly dismiss this kind of business, but Eatthismuch actually taught me meal planning. So now I plan my meals myself, and I can eat anything I want and I never get bored. A shopping list is just what you need minus what you already have.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I found an awesome one! https://www.eatthismuch.com/ generates great meal plans and you can customize it!
    i would use the same ones but I get bored so easily. That is one of my issues. but thanks for the suggestions.

I was going to suggest that one. Such a great planner (I specifically like the flexibility of being able to replace meals or the new option of looking up specific restaurant meals with appropriate calories and macros). With that said, you will need to wean yourself off your containers at some point. You aren't going to be eating out of containers for the rest of your life. It's very inflexible and you may need to pretty much give up on social eating if you continue using them.

I use that meal planner sometimes when I don't feel like thinking, but because I count calories normally I know what to do without it. You need to make changes that become a normal part of your life, and life by definition is unpredictable and can often push you off plan. Mastering calorie counting and learning about your own eating habits will give you the tools to handle these off plan deviations. If you focus on making eating appropriate calories normal, where you will do fine even if training wheels come off, you will be less likely to burn off and more likely to just live a normal life at an appropriate weight.
  • grannymel869
    grannymel869 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Meal Planning Mommies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    There's an app I saw a thing on on YouTube that decides all your food and workouts for you, and gives you a shop list. I downloaded it but didn't really check it out yet, it's called 8fit. Maybe you can just use the food part?
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Eating Well has weekly meal plans for nearly every "diet" choice and calorie level. I like to use the Yummly app for recipes because it will generate a shopping list for me, gives the nutrition breakdowns, and also has a function to automatically upload the recipe to MFP. It's individual recipes pulled from throughout the web searchable by nearly any perimeter you can come up with, but it's not meal plans.