Protein Shakes for Weight Loss?

Options
Hi everyone! I am looking for recipes for protein shakes that are low calorie but I can drink in the morning before work or after a workout! Any suggestions or recipes?

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I drink Visalus, it's a meal replacement shake with 12g of protein and the base powder tastes like sweet cream. I blend it with 1% milk, frozen berry blend and it's delicious. I do 1-2 a day and I'm down 32 lbs since May.
  • sarah829522
    sarah829522 Posts: 139
    Options
    Brands I love are Dymatize Iso100, Optimum Nutrition b/c they are low carb and taste amazing and mix easily with a spoon or shaker cup. I get them from bodybuilding.com - cheapest prices I've found.

I would do it within 45 minutes after your workout/strength training routine.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I take Whey Protein isolate and throw it in a blender with Ice, strawberries, blueberries, and a splash of OJ :)
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    I use Aria for Women and get it at a local grocery for about 8-10 bucks. It last me about 2-3 weeks and it's only 80 calories.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I don't have a recipe, but I use the EAS Advantage shakes at walmart.
    Cheaper than the Adkins, low carb, high protein, and not bad tasting. About a $1 a shake.
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I like my GNC Amplified Whey 60 Chocolate. It is only 100 calories with water and utterly delicous when made with milk.
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY CLICK ESPRESSO PROTIEN SHAKES!!! GNC OR VITAMIN SHOPPE!
  • Jabray
    Jabray Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I purchase premier protein shakes from costco. They have 30 grams of protein 160 calories and low in sugar and fat.
  • aprilmwilson
    aprilmwilson Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I cant say enough about Shakeology form beach body. No, I'm not a coach and I dont sell it. I just use it. Its a little pricey but its cheaper than what i spend in fast food everymonth. Everything you read about it is true, more energy for workouts, filling, tastes great! I've only done chocolate but I love it.
  • Leah2975
    Leah2975 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind regarding calories, protein has 4 per gram so don't judge it by its calorie content. It is simply a reflection of its protein content. Conversely, if you know the protein content, you can figure out what is extra by subtracting the protein grams x 4 from the total calories.

The Whey Protein Shake (brand Body Fortress) I pick up from Walmart has 140 cals per serving, 26 grams of protien, and only 3g of carbs, so 104 of those calories are from the protein.
  • rcrews4
    rcrews4 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    We use Herbalife shakes - low calorie, great amount of protein and nutrients, comes in a variety of flavors. My favorite is to mix almond milk, herbalife vanilla, a tbsp of peanut butter, a tbsp of chocolate pudding mix powder, sometimes with a banana. Comes out to about 230 calories for the meal. YUMMY!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I use the Brand Pure Protein I have used body fortress before too Both are good and both are about 140 calories a scoop with about 25 grams of protein and onlyl 3 grams of carbs

I mix them with tropical fruit, pineapple and bananas and melons. That is my favorite way.
  • Leah2975
    Leah2975 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    The 2 I like the most (best taste and seem to get the most from them) are;

GNC Total Lean - Strawberry Cream ready to drink shake (great price per shake at GNC)

Shakeology - spendy, but nothing on the market compares to it (the ingredients) and the chocolate tastes so yummy. Especially when I put some natural peanut butter in it...peanut butter treat! I am a Beachbody coach and really the reason why, is because I LOVE sharing the healthy lifestyle journey of myself and others AND receives a discount on Beachbody products (Shakeology) LOL

Cheers to your healthy lifestyle!
  • Hoteffinmess
    Hoteffinmess Posts: 121
    Options
    I need something that is not too expensive and I can share with my boyfriend. :)
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I need something that is not too expensive and I can share with my boyfriend. :)

What are your boyfriend's fitness goals? For some, protein shakes are used as either a protein source for those who are trying to gain lean muscle OR those looking to consume a healthy protein enriched meal. A good, well balanced shake should be able to be used by anyone...either as a meal replacement or as a suppliment for additional protein into their body.
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I purchase premier protein shakes from costco. They have 30 grams of protein 160 calories and low in sugar and fat.

That's what I have too - Premium Nutrition. 1g sugar and 1g carb per serving! I like that they are premade so I don't have to hassel with mixing it myself. I keep them in the coldest spot in the back of my fridge. I like them way more than I ever thought possible. LOL