post workout sickness

Options
omid990
omid990 Posts: 785 Member
for some reason, the last few times i've worked out (mostly cardio), i've felt really nauseous and light-headed afterwards and it doesn't go away for hours. at first i thought it might be because of dehydration so i tried drinking more water during and after the workout but it hasn't done anything for me. the workouts aren't any more intense than anything i've done in the past.

happen to anybody else and anyone know how to make it stop?

Replies

• cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    Options
    It may be that your blood sugar drops real low, do you eat anything after you work out? Like within half an hour. It happens to me and normally having a small snack helps out a lot.
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    drink some protein it helped me
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I have this problem if I try to exercise on an empty stomach. I usually try and drink a v8 or eat a fiber bar before I exercise.

NOT A FULL MEAL! Just a snack.
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Is your pulse normal?
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Try to add some electrolytes in with your fluids, or Gatorade.

If it persists, see a doctor
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Try and stay hydrated all the time, not just pre and post working out and be sure to eat something before working out especially if you do in the morning. I usually grab a luna bar
  • crmhaske
    crmhaske Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If it isn't low blood sugar, it could be low blood pressure. Happens to me all of the time because my blood pressure is really low.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I've always had a low pulse and low BP.

i had a luna bar before the workout and a gatorade after and i felt fine! thanks for your help