First time In ages I'll be getting dressed up

Options
Next week will be the first time in a long time that I'll be getting dressed up and looking feminine. After today I'll be eating extra well as I want to be glowing. I'm sick of living in my gym clothes. Do any other women live in their gym stuff

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom and I live in gym clothes everyday. As a result, when I go out I dress up like crazy! Jeans and a tank top? No way.. I wear skirts and tight dresses and high heels and go all out with my makeup. So basically I go from one extreme to another haha.

Well I say have fun with it, you are going to look and feel great!
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM right now and live in gym clothes. For me it's because if I'm not wearing a sports bra, I don't want to get sweaty, so if I want to be active all day long, I may as well dress for it. When I worked I was in scrubs.
    I have no idea if any of the dresses in my closet even fit. I need to tell my husband we're having a date night soon and dress up! lol
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    No, I wear fairly smart clothes for work and like to get dressed up on the odd occasion I go out at the weekend.
  • Secondhalf35
    Secondhalf35 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm dying to look more feminine again. It's been ages. Must not wear gym clothes at college lol. Uniform at work so at least I can't wear sports clothes at work lol
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I don't mind looking feminine per se, but I hate wearing bras and can't wear most pretty shoes or much make-up. The shoes hurt too much, and most make-up feels nasty or breaks me out in rashes.
  • Secondhalf35
    Options
    I don't wear makeup much these day's either. I definitely need a bra though that's for sure. Be funny as hell if I went running without one on lol
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    I work in an environment where I need to dress reasonably business-like for work every day ... so I dress up 5 days a week.

Then on the weekends, I'm in cycling attire for many hours.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I spent my teens in workout clothes and now as a stay at home mom it's jeans a t shirts or dresses and skirts depends what I feel like. If I'm going out then I do dress up. Dressing up is fun
  • Secondhalf35
    Options
    I really miss looking girly. I live in sports clothes. I need new sports clothes too
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I work at home and have kids. It's pretty much gym clothes or outdoorsy stuff. I'm not a dressy or particularly feminine person anyway, and don't have much need for dressy clothes. But I'm about to go visit a friend for a week and I know she'll want to go out, so I just got a nice black tank to go with dark slim jeans, silver jewelry, and all-black Converse. I feel good in it, and it's dressy enough that I won't get thrown out of anywhere. :)
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    How exciting! I'm feminine and super girly and love getting dressed up and dolled up. Even when I was overweight I did the best I could even though my options were really limited.

Now I'm wearing single digit clothing for the first time as an adult, I'm definitely taking advantage with summer dresses, crop tops, pencil skirts and the like.

On the other hand I'm very active and I work from home. One might think I would live in gym clothes, yoga pants etc. but I don't. And you will never catch me in running shoes/sneakers unless I'm working out/active. I do have a lot of workout gear and running shoes though and they are all colorful and bright.

Have a great time! :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I wish I could live in gym clothes... At least it fits, and I can find stuff I like! I have to wear normal clothes for work, but unfortunately there are rules to what I can and can't wear which makes it difficult to find anything appropriate that suits my job, that I also like.

I dont get overly dressed up for work though, and don't wear makeup - when I go out I love going all out and get dressed up, full makeup etc. I love it - so fun.
  • InkAndApples
    InkAndApples Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have discovered a new found love of gym clothes, especially crop tops. Bliss! I live in them whenever I'm at home.

I do get semi dressed up for work although I've just had to donate my entire work wardrobe (except for three things I bought recently) as it's all too big. Just struggling through the next two weeks with what I have then will have to buy an interim one in September!
  • Secondhalf35
    Options
    Sounds great. Yes same I have hardly any clothes left lol. I like the crop tops too
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i really really really hate dressing up. so that's a nice side-effect of this whole working-out thing for me. i've kind of given up even bothering to buy 'normal' clothes. it's all leggings and t-shirts when i'm not at work.
  • Secondhalf35
    Options
    Whatever makes you happy I say :)