P90X starting August 1st! Looking for THREE WOMEN to do it w

Options
Hi there! My name is Katie and I am going to start P90X on Monday! I've never tried it before, so I'm starting with 2 lb weights lol, but if I need to I'll move up to 5 lbs, maybe even more!

I can't do any pull ups. Hopefully I can after 90 days. ;)

I would like to have a VERY SMALL group of 5 ladies on here (NO MORE, SORRY) that will start on August 1st and follow it religiously! We will be doing the Classic schedule.

I already have a friend on here (hi Sarah!) that wants to do it, so including me, we only need 3 more women! Interested??

Yay!!! I can't wait. :)

Replies

• leighkent
    leighkent Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am interested in joining your group - I planned to start on Monday xx
  • katieeweiss
    katieeweiss Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Great!! Your name is Leigh? :)
  • TiaUti
    TiaUti Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just one bit of advice (I'm on P90X week 5) for the pull-ups...consider using a band over a door at first. It's a great way to build up to using a pull-up bar later.
  • staceymclaughlin
    Options
    Hi Katie

My boyfriend has started on P90X a week ago and he's already started to see results - amazing!

If you need anyone to make up numbers I'll be happy to do it with you .... although I also cannot do any pull ups !! hehehehe

I am new on here so will update my profile with photos and goals, but basically I have about 2 stone to lose after a year of being a lazy cow and eating too much and not exercising at all.

Stacey :)
  • leighkent
    Options
    Sorry, I should have introduced myself properly !!

Yes, I am Leigh - after doing well with my eating / exercise for a month or so, I was only 3lbs away from my goal weight, however unfortunately at the time I could not see any difference so I gave up and am now 1stone away from goal weight (and looking back at pictures, I CAN now see the difference) !!!!

I find a challenge and a support group is so encouraging to keep you going xx
  • katieeweiss
    Options
    TiaUti - Yes! I have a stretch band to go around my pull up bar. :)
    Stacey - What do you mean "make up numbers?" Lol sorry, it's late. :P You mean you want to start August 1st with us?
    Leigh - Great to meet you!! How many lbs is a stone? :)
  • staceymclaughlin
    Options
    Stacey - What do you mean "make up numbers?" Lol sorry, it's late. :P You mean you want to start August 1st with us?

Hey Katie - The "make up numbers" is a bit of a local english saying so sorry I should of made myself clearer ...it was my very backward way of saying i'd love to join you if there was still space in your group! :)
  • katieeweiss
    Options
    Hahaha it's fine :D That's great, welcome!!!
  • katieeweiss
    Options
    Still need one more!! :)
  • sarah61587
    sarah61587 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sooo excited to start this with you Katie! My P90X has been collecting dust since I got pregnant with Mya. The work outs are super intense, but it feels amazing to get through one!
  • leighkent
    Options
    Katie - 1stone = 14lbs xx

Do I need a pull-up bar to complete this ?????
  • katieeweiss
    Options
    No, you can just use resistance bands! I bought a set of 5 and they came with the thing so you can use it with a door. :) I just got a pull up bar because it also has the push-up handles and dip handles on it. :)

If there is one more gal who would like to join us, feel free! If not I think we've got a great group <3
  • katieeweiss
    Options
    Anyone else? :)
  • leighkent
    Options
    Oh that's good - I was beginning to think I wouldn't be able to complete it but I do have a resistance band so hopefully I will be able to manage everything !!!

Not long before the big day lol xx
  • katieeweiss
    Options
    Excited?? :) I'm not in great shape (yet!) so I'm just going to go into it easy so I don't burn myself out. I'm excited though!!
  • staceymclaughlin
    Options
    I'm excited too :) I've got soooooo many clothes I'd love to fit into again .... it'll be like having a whole new wardrobe but with the credit card bill hehehehe x
  • wyants
    wyants Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi, Do you have the 3 women too do this? If not I would love to do it. I started it awhile ago them quite. Let me know.
    Shawn Marie
  • katieeweiss
    Options
    wyants - There is room for you! Welcome! Do you have a name? :):):)

Yay! We have a group of 5! Everyone ready for Monday???

EDIT: Bwahahahaha I see your name now. Sorry!!! Do you go by Shawn or Marie?
  • katieeweiss
    Options
    Okay friends, we need a name for our group? :-) Any ideas??
  • wyants
    wyants Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi Katie, I go by Shawn but if I dont put the marie peole think I am male. LOL I am glad that I got into the group, I have wanted to get going on this and this will just push me to do it.
    Thanks,