Fifty and Fit

Options
2»

Replies

• HeatherCSamps17
    HeatherCSamps17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow! Y'all are certainly living life to the fullest. I did step out of my comfort zone and did something crazy for my "50th" birthday! I lost a bet with my 19 yr old "adrenaline junkie" daughter and the wager was to go sky diving. Well, this chic is afraid of heights and would not normally go seeking this kind of thing out. Needless to say, I was true to my word (even though once there, signed in and waiting for our turn, my daughter gave me a free pass), I stuck to my guns and did it! It was exhilarating..... to say the least, however I am still ambivalent on whether or not I would do it again. I really loved reading all of your stories and y'all have certainly inspired me to get back out there, try new activities and to start living "la vida loca". 3o4mi1hag6mx.jpg
    ersukqc0sp16.jpg
    bq5ivvjar0jl.jpg
  • HeatherCSamps17
    Options
    FYI, all newbies like me to skydiving have to jump with a tandem diver.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    @HeatherCSamps17 What a great way to celebrate your birthday. Thanks for the pics.

I like your starting living 'la vida loca'.
    It will make your fitness goals so much easier to achieve.

I was thinking the other day, my 64th is upcoming, that I still had 26 years before I reached my mum's age of 90 (still independent) That is a heck of a lot of living to do, and I want to live life; not observe it passing me by.

Cheers, h.
    And yes we go share a name.
  • HeatherCSamps17
    Options
    By getting out there and challenging yourselves, you have all given me much needed inspiration and of course my "mojo" back! ❤️ My sincere gratitude goes out to all of you! The spark ⚡️ has rekindled the fire
  • coralred1965
    coralred1965 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and 5ft 2" at 108lbs.
    I don't know how to post photos .....
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    56 and 5' here .... I lost 30#'s and just celebrated my 2 year maintenance anniversary :) My preferred exercise is swimming, biking and walking (hiking) because I need to keep things more low impact.
  • crpoll549
    crpoll549 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love this post...I turn 50 next month and like the fact there are others in the same boat as me
  • keodell1966
    keodell1966 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Just turned 51, and feel great since joining MFP. Best thing I ever did for myself. I've lost 35 lbs. Wish I had done it years ago!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Got my black belt in karate at 53. Age is just a number. If you enjoy doing something - just go for it!