Trans fat

Options
So today I logged my meals for breakfast lunch and snack and it's telling me that I have one trans fat however there's nothing that I ate today that has any trans fat. Is anybody else having this problem?

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Did you eat any meat? Open your diary and someone will tell you the item you ate.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    Are you saying that none of the individual foods you logged show any trans fat in your diary, but your total for the day shows trans fat?
    That could be a rounding issue -- two or more of the individual foods you ate in the amount you ate them have more than 0 g of trans fat but less than 0.5 g or more of trans fat, and MFP retains that info in the background, so when you look at the total, the small amounts add up to 0.5 g or more.
  • aprilzabeth
    aprilzabeth Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Some foods have a little bit of natural trans fat and some product foods have a low amount of trans fat so they can label it "trans fat free" even though it's in there. Just like tick tacks are sugar free even though they are basically 100% sugar. Look for "partially hydroginated" in the label and if it's there avoid it because there is trans fat.
  • robinlewin
    robinlewin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info everyone