That last 5 lbs!

Options
How have you all dropped the dreaded last 5 lbs. I just can't get the scale to move the last 2 weeks. So frustrating!

Replies

• CaladriaNapea
    CaladriaNapea Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm in the last five pounds myself right now--I have about 3.6 to go.

It's the exact same as before for me, it's just I try to be even more accurate right now. One thing that has really helped me is to average my calories out over the week, whereas before I tried to hit a daily range. Earlier in my weight loss I typically tried to be within about a two hundred calorie range for the day. Well if I am on the upper side of that range all week, it can add up. Now I try to be within a one hundred calories of my goal for the week, which means I can go over or under a couple of days, but as long as I average it out, it works fine. This has definitely helped with precision.

Also, and even more importantly, I weigh and log everything. EVERYTHING. Down to the cinnamon that I put in my oatmeal. With meals I make at home, I weigh every ingredient and also weigh the final dish (subtracting the container that holds it). In the recipe builder I put the total weight of the dish as the number of servings, thus I can log 208 servings if that's the number of grams I am eating of that dish.

All to say, try to be as accurate as humanly possible. At this point, you don't have much room for error.

Also, wait a bit longer. Two weeks is not too long. For me, my weight is heavily dependent on my cycle--the last week of my cycle is typically wen I lose most of my weight. Wait two, three, or four more weeks--if you are still not losing anything then congratulations! You have found your maintenance calorie level. Reduce it by about two to three hundred calories and you should start losing weight again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!