Shopping NSV!

Options
savethecat
savethecat Posts: 290 Member
So, the last time I got a chance to go shopping I ended up buying a pair of pants that were a size 16. They were slightly snug, but still fit me.

At the start of my weight loss adventure (beginning of this year) I was a size 20. From that shopping trip I would tell people I was a size 16 when they asked but secretly, in the back of my mind, I was assuming it was a fluke. I couldn't really be that size! Those pants I bought must have just run big or something.

Last night I went shopping for new pants again... and guess what... I really am a size 16! Everything I tried on not only fit, but every so often they felt a little roomy. Yay! I nearly did a happy dance in the fitting room. :-)

Anyway, now that I have reached that personal goal- watch out size 13... I'm coming for you!

Replies

• prettyprpro
    prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Get it Mama! Size 16! I can't wait until I am that size!!
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Fanfreakingtastic!!! I was an 18 when I started, and I'm currently sitting at work in a size 8, you can do it too!
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Wooohooo... way to go! ;)

I know what you mean about it feeling like a 'Fluke" though. I tried on like 3 different brands of pants just to confirm the size was right, LOL.

I don't really wear women's pants much. When I started, I was in 22s. BUt, once i lost, i Switched back to men's pants. I'd imagine i"m in a 18/16 now. Not sure. WIth men's pants, i WAs ina 46 and now all my pants are 40s, but i really need to downsize to 38 b/c they're getting loose. Exciting :)
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Get it lady!! :)
  • luvgreen25
    luvgreen25 Posts: 202
    Options
    I'm doing a happy dance for you! Congrats on the great success. Look out size 13!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! :)

Also, isn't size 13 a Junior's size? You would actually be a 12 in women's sizes I think!
  • Deev79
    Deev79 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Isn't that the best feeling EVER?!!?

I bough a cute pair of cargo capris at the beginning of the summer. I got a fabulous deal on them and bought them even though they were quite snug....goal pants! They've been sitting on a shelf in my closet all summer b/c I really couldn't go out in them, looking like they were begging for mercy. Yesterday I WORE those bad boys and ROCKED 'em!! I even came home and the hubs said, "those pants look really good on you." .... kinda makes all the hard work and sacrifice worth it, huh???

Great job... I'm rootin' for ya!
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options

Also, isn't size 13 a Junior's size? You would actually be a 12 in women's sizes I think!

Haha, LMAO! See that's how long it's been since I could fit in any size close to that! That's hysterical. You're totally right. lol
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Yep, I just looked it up. A size 13 in the US is a junior's size. You would be a size 12 in women's sizes. So set your goals for size 12 not 13! :)

The odd numbers are Junior's sizes, even is women's.
  • Onesnap
    Options

Haha, LMAO! See that's how long it's been since I could fit in any size close to that! That's hysterical. You're totally right. lol

Awww, thanks! And nothing is wrong with fitting into Junior's clothes! Especially at places like Target where the Junior's stuff is really cute and inexpensive!
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss!!!! Keep working at it and you'll be down another size before you know it :happy:
  • koahope
    koahope Posts: 15
    Options
    Ww! Congrats! I remember the first time I reached 12 (now back up to 16 and working on it again)...I sat and cried in the changing/fitting room of the store! It's just an amazing feeling reaching that goal! Congrats again!
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is awesome!!!! I am sure you will be even smaller in no time :).
  • Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! I started out my weight loss journey at an 18, with a few pairs of 20s that I refused to acknowledge really were 20s, lol. I also was squeezing into my 18s big time, but just stopped buying clothes! I got back into my 16s after about 15 pounds down, but still pretty much fit into most of the 18s.

At about 25 pounds down I had to go shopping for dress clothes for interviews and work, and of course I went straight to the 16s to try on stuff. To my surprise EVERY 16 was too big! And I had to buy all 14s~ I was soo excited! I haven't been in a 14 since before I had my kids (who are 10 and 12 now!)

I'm now 31 pounds down and I've tried on a few 14s that were a wee bit baggy on me! I haven't the guts to try on 12s yet, but I think in another 10 pounds I just might make it there! Talk about motivation!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!