What's a good fat burner supplement?

Options
What a good fat burner supplement to help boost my weight loss journey! What are some fat burners that have worked for you:?

Replies

• miratps
    miratps Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    None. Just stick to a deficit, your bank balance/future you will thank you
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    If a pill like that existed we would all be at the Cici's pizza buffet having a good ol' time.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    lnmuse wrote: »
    What a good fat burner supplement to help boost my weight loss journey! What are some fat burners that have worked for you:?

Exercise....
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately these don't really exist. Sure, there is a bunch of advertising to the contrary. But because these are labeled as "supplements" there is no regulation. Sellers can print/say anything they want without an ounce of proof.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Unfortunately these don't really exist. Sure, there is a bunch of advertising to the contrary. But because these are labeled as "supplements" there is no regulation. Sellers can print/say anything they want without an ounce of proof.

And then people literally cook themselves to death.

I was assuming (maybe I'm wrong) that the OP was looking for something LEGAL....a supplement and not a drug. Her post says "supplement."

Yes, illicit drugs (meth) can be "fat-burners" but you certainly can't buy these over the counter. There have been other very dangerous "fat-burners" taken off the market. You're not going to cook yourself to death with green tea extract, raspberry ketones, apple cider vinegar, or garcinia cambogia.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,614 Member
    Options
    There are NO LEGIT SUPPLEMENTS that do this. They all have one thing in common....................stimulants. And you can get CAFFEINE for dirt cheap versus paying $39.99-$59.99 for hyped up pills that do the same.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    if you're just dying to waste money on something (hell, maybe even the placebo effect might help you stick to your calorie goal) i would consider purchasing the following:
    1. Metamucil or another Psyllium Husk Fiber which can be taken about 30 minutes before your meal with a full glass of water. This may or may not help you feel full so you can maintain your calorie deficit.
    2. A caffeine pill or some sort of stimulant (even a cup of coffee or a shot of espresso) which may help you workout more effectively or just generally move more on your calorie deficit.
    3. A multivitamin and an omega 3 supplement (fish oil, krill oil, flaxseed oil, etc.) to make sure you're not leaving in gaps in your nutritional profile since you'll be eating less calories may help deter some effects of the calorie deficit.

Other than these things which may only assist you in maintaining a calorie deficit there's not really any legal supplements that actually (physiologically) assist in weight loss. That will come down to your calorie deficit via diet and exercise.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    A bicycle helped my fat loss and is good for journeys.
  • KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I heard that green skittles work well as a weight loss aid. Don't eat the red ones though, they make you sleepy.
  • delaclos99
    delaclos99 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Heroin. Speed. Or failing that, perhaps just some regular exercise and CICO.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    no supplements used.
    try hasfit.com or fitnessblender.com