Did you give yourself a make-over when you got to goal?

Options
healthypelican
healthypelican Posts: 215 Member
edited July 2017 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I finally got Invisalign done but that's pretty much it (never made it to goal though... 5 lbs away).
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,267 Member
    Options
    Heh. No. Kinda not where my interests lie, personally.

But if you feel like you'd like the results, or it would feel like a nice reward for meeting your weight goals, I'd absolutely encourage you. :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Nope, it's not really my thing. I have bought different styles of clothing though that flatter my changed figure more. And I changed up my skincare and makeup routine also, but that's more related to aging and taking care of myself than weight loss. I do think it's all tied in with body image though :smile:

I'm for whatever makes a person feel good about themselves, even if that means drastic makeovers. But for me, meh, I have always had a similar style and I do change up my hair often (short, long, different shades) but I kind of like my geeky bespectacled self.
  • LisaEatSleepRun
    LisaEatSleepRun Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Bought new 'fancier' workout clothes & a new pair of sneakers. More out of necessity than a reward though, ha! Not really into hair, makeup, nails etc. Happy for others to celebrate however they like though!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Not really. I did buy all new clothes, but that was out of necessity.
  • rbee2015
    rbee2015 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I had to buy a whole new wardrobe, out of necessity too. As I went down the scale, I would go to the thrift store and buy something a little bit tight and in a week or two that item would fit or be loose, and I did that over and over till I hit my goal. Now I maintain.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I would have if there was a reason to. I have short hair, work from home and rarely wear make up, and so on. So I never saw the point. Not sure what they would make-over!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Even at my heaviest I always took pride in my appearance so I really didn't plan a makeover.

However the more weight I lost I started growing my nails and hair out, played with makeup a little more, took more of an interested in skin care and slowing down the aging process. I also invested in a new wardrobe and started wearing more brighter colors.
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Not really, no, but I did make myself a bunch of new clothes that I love including unicorn leggings. ;) But if it would make you happy, go for it!
  • caramel827
    caramel827 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Kind of. During the entire journey I always did little things. Halfway there I cut and colored my hair. Of course new clothes because it was needed. I did also get contacts and bought a little make up (I used to wear none). So I guess you could say I did an evolving makeover and it continues to evolve lol.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    That's probably about two years away for me. But I am probably going to have a couple makeovers by then.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I've promised myself (read: saving up for) a rhinoplasty! Unfortunately weight loss does not shrink the schnozz :P

I think I am about a year away from goal at the current rate of loss.
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    No, not unless you count getting clothes altered, or buying new clothes as the ones I had were way too big :-) But I don't knock it! If that's a way someone rewards themselves for achieving something really important go for it! You deserve it!