Question of the Day- Day 6!!

Options
:heart: Question of the Day- Day 6!!! :heart:

What fad/crash diets have you tried? Did they work?

**Me- I have tried everything, literally!

Weight Watchers- Yes it works
Atkins- Yes it works
Diet Pills- NO! Doe not work!
3 Day Diet, Grapefruit Diet, Soup Diet- Yes they work at the time, you starve and then you gain the weight back!

All of these things may work but as soon as you stop you gain the weight right back! Especially with Atkins holy cow! lol

Replies

• dc08d
    dc08d Posts: 5
    Options
    I've tried about every diet. Atkins worked the best for me. I tried master cleanse- the lemonade diet but quit after about 5 hours because the drink is so disgusting! my father tried it and liked the drink though and he lost about ten pounds in a few days from it.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I've tried skipping breakfast...it does NOT work for me!
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers - yes it worked but felt like too much effort to figure out points

Jenny Craig - didn't do it very long. Felt expensive even though at the end of the day you are spending just as much as you normally do in a month but upfront. Also, the food got gross quick! Didn't feel like I would lose if I went out in the real world and bought food.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I didn't do Atkins, but based on his research/theory I stayed under 10 carbs/day for a while and the fat melted off of me in no time. I sometimes entertain the idea of dropping some pounds quickly then returning to a good, healthy, sustainable diet, but I'm OK with a steady gradual loss at this point.
  • GooneyAngel
    Options
    Atkins! Yes you lose weight, but, can you afford the diet?? I can't! And I had "carb" cravings like crazy! So, when I went off the diet, I gained back the lost weight, plus 20 more pounds over the next year! The only way to lose weight healthy, and keep it off is to eat healthy and exercise!! Fad diets only work while you are on them!!
  • MoonShadow_1au
    MoonShadow_1au Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I tried the Fat Blaster (or was it burner) products. Came as a double pack (I thought it was two for the price of one) which turned out to be two different types of drugs, one fat burning (probably caffeen) and the other a fat retention inhibitor (i.e. you don't absorb the fat so it goes straight through you)

Did nothing !

Tried anorexia when I started uni. Drank heaps (not H20) and ate little to nothing. That combined with 6 week solid at gyms I lost 8 Kg and collapsed during an aqua aerobics class (lucky I did not drown).

Was still fat, just lighter.

Best results came from my own fad "eat no crap" diet. I would only eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and no crap in between. Lost 5 Kg in 1 month, but then ate crap .... NEVER NEVER NEVER end a fad diet just before Easter.

With eating back to my normal bad ways it took 6 month to put the 5Kg back on.

NOW: MFP 120 days + with only a few bumps, but this is a "lifestyle change" ;)
  • got2bfitmom
    got2bfitmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Ive tried weight watchers a couple times .... never stuck 2 it
  • MeLisa1044
    MeLisa1044 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    OMG! right! Its' amazing how on the Atkins diet you can lose so much so fast and then gain it all back and then some in like 3 days! LOL I have also tried every diet and every pill.
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Were all suckers for these stupid diets! I am sorry I wasted my time and money on them! Who would of thought that you actually lose weight the old fashion way! Exercise and counting calories!!!
  • ShannaB83185
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump bumpity bump :)
  • TruckerChick
    TruckerChick Posts: 263
    Options
    Herbalife when I was 16 years old... hated it, and didn't do a thing for me.
    Weight watchers, like, 15times... end up not completing any of the programs because of the cost of the meetings.
    Atkins .. LOVED IT! But once I went back to eating carbs, gained all the weight back within 3 months... and kept on gaining.
    Grapefruit diet... I liked this one because I like grapefruit but it didn't do anything for me!
    Many different diet pills, including that new Hoodia thing... nope. NOthing!
    Vegetarian.... lost the weight, but gained it back when I went back to eating meats.

Yup... that's about it.. Oh yeah, a small stint on Jenny Craig... didn't like the foods so didn't stick to it.

And now, here I am!!
  • ShannaB83185
    Options
    bump!
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    I have tried the
    soup diet-
    Atkins
    South Beach-
    did they work??
    for a short time...
    I like what I doing now...eating well and a treat once in a while
    o.k. each week!
  • Whatnow50
    Whatnow50 Posts: 93
    Options
    Hmmmm, like most it's really what haven't I tried.
    Scariest was Cambridge diet shakes, I starved, got skinny, couldn't maintain, gain back plus more! Duh! :)
  • ShannaB83185
    Options
    BUMP!
  • sambustem
    sambustem Posts: 83
    Options
    Everything and anything, except Atkins! Don't like a lot of meat stuff, so that detered me from that one! My biggest downfall has been fat burner pills more than diets. If it says anything that even somewhat catches my attention I am ALL OVER IT!!! I just quit, finally, taking them when I started MFP!!! That's HUGE for me! Now, if you asked what fat burners have you ever tried, I don't think there would be enough room on the page!!
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Never tried a diet. Grew up watching my mom try every diet out there and ending up with more weight than she lost. Swore I would never 'go on a diet'. I worked out 4 or 5 days a week when I was in my early 20's along with being a waitress in a busy restaurant. Other than that I had tried counting calories (on paper by guessing) a couple of times. Then I found MFP and it just 'clicked' for me.
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    1978: Dr. Atkins = Worked

Teamed with RIGOUROUS exercise, I lost 80 pounds, achieving my goal weight of 120 pounds. As long as I exercised for at least one hour every day, I was able to incorporate some starches without any gain in weight. Exercise has always been the key to my weight loss. I fluctuated from 103 pounds (too skinny) to 135 pounds until 1986, then all hell broke loose: I stopped caring, leading me to a starting weight of 242 (07-22-2011). I expect to post a loss in weight tomorrow morning. :happy:

2010 - 2011: Slowly coming out of my shell . . . so grateful that I found MFP. :bigsmile:
  • ShannaB83185
    Options
    1978: Dr. Atkins = Worked

Teamed with RIGOUROUS exercise, I lost 80 pounds, achieving my goal weight of 120 pounds. As long as I exercised for at least one hour every day, I was able to incorporate some starches without any gain in weight. Exercise has always been the key to my weight loss. I fluctuated from 103 pounds (too skinny) to 135 pounds until 1986, then all hell broke loose: I stopped caring, leading me to a starting weight of 242 (07-22-2011). I expect to post a loss in weight tomorrow morning. :happy:

2010 - 2011: Slowly coming out of my shell . . . so grateful that I found MFP. :bigsmile:

Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow! I am sure your going to lose, lose lose!!! Congrats on your weight loss this far :)
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Famous quote from Adelle Davis: "Breakfast: Eat like a king. Lunch: Eat like a prince. Supper: Eat like a pauper."

(I guess if you eat like a pauper at night, of course, you're going to wake up hungry! Duh!)