Healthy lunch recipes?

Options
NadNight
NadNight Posts: 794 Member
I'm looking for some new recipes for lunch. I'm at home during lunchtime and I like to cook but being the only on in the house means I can't use the oven (it's expensive for the sake of one person) so I'm limited to the hob, microwave and no-cook foods like sandwiches.
Does anyone know any good recipes?

Replies

• katjanssens
    katjanssens Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I recently heard someone recommend lean cuisine and a salad !
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Soup - I like making big batches by roasting my vegies, then blending with stock/water. Portion it out and freeze, or store in the fridge.

Omelettes are easy, and a great way to get lots of vegies in.

meat with microwave vegies.

Pasta/bolognese

Stir fry - easy if you pre chop lots of vegies
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Use the oven to make casseroles, then freeze them in individual portions. Surely if you make 8 servings at a time it's not a waste of money, no?
  • ejohnson2478
    ejohnson2478 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I eat basically the same meal for lunch everyday which I found helps me not cheat! I pre-make my quinoa and brown rice blend for the week because it stores easy in little containers in the fridge. Each day I take out one container and depending on how hungry I am that day, I either add just a bit of siracha or I can add chickpeas, edamame, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, peas & carrots, or an egg! This really works for me to never get bored of eating 'the same thing' everyday because there are so many ways you can tailor this lunch :)
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Egg sandwiches are my go-to. 1 scrambled egg, slice of cheddar cheese, turkey bacon, onions/peppers/whatever you choose, and an english muffin.

Grab a rotisserie chicken (or roast one yourself on the weekend). Add it to salads or make a sandwich with chicken, avocado, veggies, etc.

Stirfry veggies and noodles (I like the cheap ramen packets for noodles but I toss the spices). You can mix up the veggie blends and sauces easily.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches come in wondrous varieties! Try switching up your bread options, like try pitas instead of bread, and maybe hit up Pinterest. It takes some prep but I love a banh mi sandwich omnomnom. Lends itself to veggie sides rather than chips too, in my opinion.
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Recipes are overrated. Keep your fridge and pantry stocked with ingredients you like, and make whatever sounds good when it's time for lunch!