Hope Against Hope

Options
Hi, I'm Maureen, 58 years old, 339 pounds, overweight all of my life, and feeling the full effects of the overeating lifestyle I have lived. Is there anyone else out there like myself? Does it get easier down the road?

I am starting a new journey now, trying to eat healthier and exercising at least 3 times a week. I have taken off 5 pounds the past three weeks. Progress, but even now I feel myself slipping back into the abyss!

This is my first blog, and hoping to find fellow friends out there to connect with, so that we might encourage each other, because we all know that the journey will be long and discouraging at times.

Any wisdom that you have to share is welcome. Thank you for reading this blog, Let's keep on hoping and keeping on, I know that with God's help I can do this...if I don't give up.

Replies

• hunhun57
    hunhun57 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi Maureen ,
    I would like if you want to be friends on MFP. I will support you and keep you motivated. Eating healthy is a Lifestyle. Its choosing healthy foods . Its not a diet because diets don't work. Diets tend to make you gain after you have lost most weight.
    Its great that you are starting this new journey. Its one day at a time. Its fantastic that you have lost 5 pounds!!
    Love your self and believe that you can achieve your goals .
    Hunhun57
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    hi Maureen I would like to be friends with u to