What was your aha moment that made you finally start a weight loss journey?

Options

Replies

• double_nn
    double_nn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    1. Dr suggested weight loss surgery. I was shocked and appalled that I was "that big", but he was right in suggesting it. I don't want surgery.
    2. I took an amazing trip but felt like I couldn't enjoy everything because I was so out of shape and my feet hurt.
    3. Didn't have enough energy to play with niece. I was also too big to play around on the floor comfortably.
  • jlscherme
    jlscherme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    When my exercise induced asthma just about killed me on a hike.
  • socaldogmom
    socaldogmom Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was tired all the time and needed at least one weekend nap. I no longer wanted to go shopping because I looked terrible in everything I tried on. I refused to buy new clothes and was running out of clothes to wear to the point I needed to do laundry in the middle of the week.
  • monkeymom2015
    monkeymom2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Brandy Clark concert picture with my friends. Didn't recognized the person I became. 5'2, 218 lbs. it's been almost a year lost 35 lbs, but recently gain 15+ during vacation. Time to focus on myself and get back in track.
  • dm5859
    dm5859 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight since adolescence. My biggest Aha moment was back to back weddings. Being the biggest bridesmaid is no fun. Your fat is literally on display. And God help you if everyone else is thin. Then the happy couples start reproducing and it's event after event trying to find something that fits. I was selected to be a godmother. The pictures of me holding the little baby--I looked like a hulking beast holding a loaf of bread!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    What was your aha moment that made you finally start a weight loss journey? What made you make that decision?

When the doctors wanted me to start on Enbrel injections daily for pain management. Instead I stopped using sugar and any form of any grain and that managed my pain quite well for the past three years as a side effect I am down 50 pounds but the pain management started in just 30 days and I did not lose the first pound until day 45.
  • MidModJenn
    MidModJenn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    UmmSqueaky wrote: »
    In 2013, being super psyched to debut the first cosplay I had commissioned only to look like this in pictures:

aax3c2.jpg

Now I get to look like this in pictures (from this last weekend):

2qiy3xg.jpg

You look amazing! And LOVE the costume!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!