Low carb and calorie pizza

Options
yasminscott94
yasminscott94 Posts: 5 Member
I was wondering has anyone made there own pizza from scratch that is low in carbs and calories
Or what low carb food have you made

Replies

• kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I don't often sacrifice pizza to become low calorie BUT I have found that I like BBQ chicken "pizza" on a tortilla. You could easily use a low-carb tortilla or make a cauliflower crust. I spread 1 tbsp of BBQ sauce on the tortilla and mix chicken breast with another tbsp of BBQ sauce. I measure out my cheese...just enough to cover....and then add red onions and cilantro before baking.
  • mrs_maier
    mrs_maier Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i know you said from scratch, but theres actually a company called Real Good that makes personal pan frozen pizzas with 25g protein and only 4g of carbs per pizza. you can get them at NutriShops or order from their web site, but i think on the Real Good web site you have to order by the case. i havent personally tried it yet but ive had people tell me good things. it's on my list to get next time im near a NutriShop :D
  • ethridgt
    ethridgt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've done this before. I used Laura's recipe and I tweaked the toppings. I used low-fat cheese and turkey pepperoni/sausage. My family really liked it. Just be sure to measure out your sauce and toppings.
    http://www.laurainthekitchen.com/recipes/homemade-pizza/

Her photos look better, but mine was delicious too.
    zpiyuwhaxao2.jpg

• mrs_maier
    mrs_maier Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    OOH! and for other low carb foods, i just made these this past weekend can i cant eat enough of them! soooo good and only 6 carbs and 34g protein per serving!!! https://www.ketoconnect.net/recipe/keto-chicken-tenders/
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Check out "real good" pizza. I haven't tried it yet , but the macros on it are amazing. They use a chicken crust.

Otherwise I've never had a "low calorie" version of pizza that actually satisfied my cravings before. I have trouble eating just one slice (400 calories!! so unfair!) so I avoid pizza as much as possible.

There's also atkin's frozen pizzas, and amy's frozen single serves, but the macros are not fantastic on them. I think the atkins one is like 450 calories and it is super super tiny.