Sick of Starting Over

reo7875
reo7875 Posts: 17 Member
Hey all! I've been on MFP for a few years now. The first time I used it I was incredibly successful and got into the best shape of my life only a few pounds away from my goal weight. I went to college and gained some of the weight back but managed to stay at 160 pounds for two years. However, during my junior year of college I was struggling hardcore with anxiety and depression and gained 20 pounds. I will go through spurts where I am successfully losing some of the weight and then gain it all right back a month later. I am the maid of honor in a wedding and graduate from college next May, so I'm really hoping to lose 35-40 pounds by then (preferably sooner). If anyone has any tips for sticking to this thing please let me know! I struggle most with not being able to stop myself from eating too much, specifically late at night or after a long day at work. Any tips/support would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

  • Gibby349
    Gibby349 Posts: 119 Member
    Im in the same position .i lost a lot of weight before then gained it again and lost it .My weight yoyos a lot
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 597 Member
    Stop dieting and start a new lifestyle. Eat healthy and exercising are the simple solution to yoyo dieting
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    You've been successful with MFP before, so you know the drill. Log in some snacks specifically for your late night eating. When you're tired and bored, head out the door for a 30 minute walk, drink some water, and revel in your accomplishment. Good luck!
  • wynterphoenyx
    wynterphoenyx Posts: 5 Member
    Add some friends, and let their daily accomplishments encourage you to achieve yours as well. You can do it!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,640 Member
    Same here Reo7875. I lost down to goal just a year ago and was at 125 lbs and gained it all back over the winter. I got lazy and busy with work and other things in life. Life happens. I do better if I focus on eating what I want but I have to cut out fast food or weight won't come off no matter what I do. That's been my toughest area. Feel free to add me as a friend if you need more!
  • Kay_180
    Kay_180 Posts: 42 Member
    Rick_1953 wrote: »
    Stop dieting and start a new lifestyle. Eat healthy and exercising are the simple solution to yoyo dieting

    What exactly do you think a diet is? Just calling it a "lifestyle" doesn't mean you've cracked the code or anything.
  • jtsimms
    jtsimms Posts: 3 Member
    Janelle is back too with the same sad song. I absolutely hated logging in my weight. But I have got to better!
  • Keapix
    Keapix Posts: 92 Member
    I've found it best to not overthink things, to keep it simple, to pre-log my day, and to make sure that I don't create a feeling of deprivation by restricting my diet to things I think I *should* be eating.
  • EmIsabel90
    EmIsabel90 Posts: 11 Member
    reo7875 wrote: »
    Hey all! I've been on MFP for a few years now. The first time I used it I was incredibly successful and got into the best shape of my life only a few pounds away from my goal weight. I went to college and gained some of the weight back but managed to stay at 160 pounds for two years. However, during my junior year of college I was struggling hardcore with anxiety and depression and gained 20 pounds. I will go through spurts where I am successfully losing some of the weight and then gain it all right back a month later. I am the maid of honor in a wedding and graduate from college next May, so I'm really hoping to lose 35-40 pounds by then (preferably sooner). If anyone has any tips for sticking to this thing please let me know! I struggle most with not being able to stop myself from eating too much, specifically late at night or after a long day at work. Any tips/support would be greatly appreciated.
    perkymommy wrote: »
    Same here Reo7875. I lost down to goal just a year ago and was at 125 lbs and gained it all back over the winter. I got lazy and busy with work and other things in life. Life happens. I do better if I focus on eating what I want but I have to cut out fast food or weight won't come off no matter what I do. That's been my toughest area. Feel free to add me as a friend if you need more!

    Life does get in the way sometimes, I can certainly vouch for that! I too know I can do it since I've done it in the past. We'll all get there!

    MFP is a good tool and the first step is keeping accountable and being aware of what you're eating by tracking and the second step aside from wanting to do this is having like-minded folks around to keep motivated. I joined up again yesterday after being on a hiatus for almost 3 years. [Insert waving emoji here]!!

    Over this past weekend, I found that drinking water and going for walks kept my mind off wanting to snack more than I needed to - and i'm generally a huge snacker! :(