Replies

• Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Beans, lentils.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    Take a look at this thread (link below). It links to a spreadsheet that lists many foods by protein efficiency: Highest protein for fewest calories. Scroll through it, find foods you like, eat more of them.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs
    chicken
    protein bars
    protein drinks
    beef jerky
    cheese
    almonds/nuts
    nut butters
    Greek yogurt
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Pre log your food to to hit your protein goal
  • edlanglais
    edlanglais Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Examples from my log:

Chicken
    Atkins chicken and bean burritos
    Protein shakes and bars
    Low salt almonds
    Protein zone naked smoothies
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Chicken, turkey, Greek yoghurt
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Protein bars(Quest or Kirkland's are my faves)
    light greek yogurt
    deli chicken or turkey
    chicken breast
    protein powder(I have PEScience Snickerdoodle atm, but I think Quest Salted Caramel is a little better)
    Kay's Naturals snacks
    mushrooms(this may sound weird, but my entire package of fresh white mushrooms was around 48 cal, 7g protein)
  • lolo_bunny
    lolo_bunny Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt, tofu, hemp hearts, mushrooms, nuts, cheese, beans, lentils, eggs, fish, nut butters, chia seeds, it adds up throughout the day
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I agree with all of the above, but for me, I need to decide/plan to have a full protein serving at every meal if I want to meet my goal for the day... Greek yogurt or maybe an egg with bacon for breakfast, chicken or tuna with lunch, and maybe fish with dinner. Snack may be apple/carrots w nut butter. Nut butters have more fat than protein, though, so I keep that in mind :smile:
    Edit: sometimes a protein shake or protein waffles helps me round things out.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I supplement with whey protein powder.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Pre log your food to to hit your protein goal

This.

I eat about 3 meals a day, they all have a decent amount of protein.

Fish, chicken or kangaroo
    Eggs - I bump up protein by adding whites to one or two whole eggs. I can't stand just egg whites, they make me sad.
    Low fat dairy - natural yoghurt every night, with a bit of protein powder added for more protein and flavour.
    Some from cheese, nuts, and whatever is in the vegies I eat.
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Eggs and meat
  • gymrat9293
    gymrat9293 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, chicken, and fat free greek yogurt.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Protein drink I drink had 30g and all the other goodies listed above.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Egg white protein powder and a vegan gmo free, soy free, gluten free, dairy free protein powder. Wife has issues with dairy and I have issues with soy. These 2 combined keep us both happy. I like the taste of the vegan one a lot and I do shakes with a serving of each and almond milk. Even better is the vegan one has a decent fiber amount. Makes a pretty good fast post workout breakfast on ride to work.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Skyr yogurt

This. Best thing ever

Skyr with vanilla casein because one can never have too much protein.
  • CaladriaNapea
    CaladriaNapea Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake daily. Also, I second those who recommend incorporating protein throughout your day. My days frequently include: Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, PB2, canned tuna/salmon/chicken, regular chicken, eggs, string cheese, chia seeds, flax seeds, nuts, and peanutbutter. Some of those sources are more calorie dense than others; I usually pre-log in order to hit my nutritional goals and will jigsaw fit protein sources together based off the calories I have available.
  • brznhabits
    brznhabits Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I add pumpkin or sunflower seeds to a lot of things (salads, baked potatoes, pasta, etc.). I add edamame to my green/grain salads.