If you are in need of motivation it's right here!!!!!

Options
Tapout112009
Tapout112009 Posts: 109 Member
edited July 2017 in Success Stories
I was heading to work when I rolled my truck and was rushed to the hospital for emergence surgery. 10% change of living,2 rods and 8 screws later I survived. Doctor said don't know if I ever could walk again. 1 mo th later I was walking on my own.after 3 months I hit a wall and got so depressed cuz of how limited I was.i got all the way up to 264. So Dec of 2016 I decided enuf was enuf and started hitting the gym and watching my diet. Today I am 205 and feel better than I ever have since the accident.i won't let nobody tell me my limits again. I will be posting alot of updates w the workouts I do each day so add me to see my hiit workouts. Please post or comment if anyone else has a great story!!!
exy62qchnmvv.jpg
2nb268ghhoxy.jpg

Replies

• Tapout112009
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I was heading to work when I rolled my truck and was rushed to the hospital for emergence surgery. 10% change of living,2 rods and 8 screws later I survived. Doctor said don't know if I ever could walk again. 1 month later I was walking on my own.after 3 months I hit a wall and got so depressed cuz of how limited I was.i got all the way up to 264. So Dec of 2016 I decided enuf was enuf and started hitting the gym and watching my diet. Today I am 205 and feel better than I ever have since the accident.i won't let nobody tell me my limits again. I enjoy helping others now that need that push.iw71qcn7v1xs.jpg
    a8f17u80vmty.jpg
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Your recovery and weight loss is inspiring. Keep up the great work.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Your story is truly inspiring for everyone - no excuses, you just did it!
  • Tapout112009
    Options
    Was curious on how everyone is doing or has done with there weight loss and how long it took them. I have done IF for the most part but I did do a 8 week keto. What did you do??ek2uypwoau8u.jpg
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Looking good :) Well done :)
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    You are looking great! I've lost 45'ish pounds so far in the past year. The last 18lbs were the result of an aggressive diet program but before that I was just trying to eat a little smarter and losing weight slowly
  • Tapout112009
    Options
    You are looking great! I've lost 45'ish pounds so far in the past year. The last 18lbs were the result of an aggressive diet program but before that I was just trying to eat a little smarter and losing weight slowly

Slow and steady is key. Fast weight loss results usually is putting it back on. Be patient, do it right and results will come
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    First pic was my highest weight of 172.5lbs at 5'7. Started just CICO and working out March 15th 2017
    y6x79bsv1132.jpg
    Second photo is at current 144lbs on July 2, 2017
    dc1mif0vts19.jpg
    Goal is about 135lbs....not quite there yet.

• bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The struggles made you so much stronger! Well done in changing your life!
  • katydougherty
    katydougherty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • tracyj1247
    tracyj1247 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good job you super great! Thanks for the encouragement.
  • bele2009
    bele2009 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well done! Congrats for taking back over your health. Onederland is right at the corner, you can do it!
  • diggswood
    diggswood Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Incredible! And thanks for sharing your amazing strength and resolve. What a great thing to read to start the week.
  • mrscaudle09
    mrscaudle09 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Wow, You've done an AWESOME JOB.
  • OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @Tapout112009, we may as well call you Steve Austin! For the sake of the gainz to come, I imagine your body was like, "We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better, stronger, faster."

I guess all you need now is this shirt and a shave (keep the stache) ...

x8q8ye79kmw4.png
  • FitterFifteen
    FitterFifteen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great job! You started at around my start weight so you've definitely inspired me :)
  • RichJames90
    RichJames90 Posts: 7 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Fantastic man, your hard work definitely shows! Keep up the good work
  • sbro32
    sbro32 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring accomplishment! Great job, and thanks for sharing!
  • skinnyshona
    skinnyshona Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Amazing accomplishment. Well done!!!
  • Brenda1957blh
    Brenda1957blh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!