Brightline Eating

Options
Hi - after losing a lot of weight and gaining it all, back I'm on the diet treadmill again! Having done a lot of research, I have settled on the bright line eating plan which addresses not only nutrition but also psychology and physiology of dieting. I was wondering if anybody else out there was also using this program? If so I would love to buddy up. I'm two days in and would welcome new friends whether you're using this plan or not. X

Replies

• Optimistic2012
    Optimistic2012 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey There Westmor! I am on day 13 of the Bright Line Eating Plan. I really like it! I am planning to stay on it until I am at goal weight, then follow their maintenance plan. I think tomorrow's video will include information about the cost of the boot camp...
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. How did you lose the weight the first time? Assuming it was in a healthy manner, why not do that again considering it worked so well?
  • caitdiienno
    caitdiienno Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @westmore
    I'm a few days into eating on this program (although I just have the book and am not planning on joining the bootcamp.) How is it working out for you?
  • vibegirl7
    vibegirl7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the book, only just opened it yesterday...am 'considering' following it as I am all over the board with what I can stick to lol I have no plans to join anything as the book and online research is helpful enough for me at the moment. I lean towards healthy/clean eating and have cut out 99% of sugar... I still have my non dairy creamer/vanilla I haven't ditched - YET. But as I'm menopausal and have knee injury - I've let myself get discouraged. Mainly on MFP to log in whatever exercise I can do at home for now. Yoga and upper body strength training so far. Baby steps - and while I've gained almost 30lbs over the past 5 yrs, I'd be happy with 10-15 off for now!

Sorry TMI just wanted to share and if anyone is in similar boat or age-range (50s) feel free to comment! Dr Becky online has some free videos once you sign up for more info and some basics about Bright Line eating also. (On Ytube- Becky Gillaspy, again just for more info
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    No flour diets are hard to do. Not impossible, just hard.
    Best of luck, whatever you decide to do.
  • runboostie
    runboostie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am on day 12 of Bright Line Eating, and am having a pretty good time of it. Would like to connect with others doing the same program. Just bought the book, not interested in investing in the Boot Camp. My daughter lost about 40 lbs on this and a year later has kept it all off.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I’m WFPB, but find the BLE plan a bit too restrictive. I have the book and don’t argue that anyone who followed it would lose weight. But, I think it would be very diificult to have any social life. I very much enjoy her weekly videos.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Further insights are that sugar and flour are big no-no's and get compared to cocaine.

Also the Boot Camp apparently used to be $1000 but is now 'only' $500.

LMAO.

They always say this like it works against weight loss somehow, but I would think it would actually be helpful if true.

Hahahaha. I hadn't made the connection beyond them being white powder.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Curious that we only ever hear stories about people loving these types of programs being 10,15 or 20 days in. Why do we never hear testimonials from people on their 794th day...

Because all these programs know how most humans think. ;) We might have taken years to put on the weight, but we like quick fixes, jump starts, etc. We don't want to know that it really takes time and commitment to change our eating habits and lose weight. We want that photoshopped swimsuit body in days, not weeks or months. The companies don't have to work hard to sell thanks to human nature.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Curious that we only ever hear stories about people loving these types of programs being 10,15 or 20 days in. Why do we never hear testimonials from people on their 794th day...

Because all these programs know how most humans think. ;) We might have taken years to put on the weight, but we like quick fixes, jump starts, etc. We don't want to know that it really takes time and commitment to change our eating habits and lose weight. We want that photoshopped swimsuit body in days, not weeks or months. The companies don't have to work hard to sell thanks to human nature.
    It's exactly that. A program doesn't have to work (as in, in practice, not just in theory), it just has to appeal, so we buy it. An when it "stops working", the buyer is more than ready to take the blame him/herself.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options

It's exactly that. A program doesn't have to work (as in, in practice, not just in theory), it just has to appeal, so we buy it. An when it "stops working", the buyer is more than ready to take the blame him/herself.

And then buy the next fad thing that comes along... ;)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about the plan, but the name sounds like something I would not even consider trying. If they're trying to convince people that they're addicted to certain foods, I would rather not waste time looking into this. I dislike the defeatism of it all.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    My take on it is - to lose weight and keep it off I have to eat and exercise/be active the way I wish to do so for the rest of my life. If I use a 'diet plan' with a view to getting to goal and finishing my diet I will fail. If this plan is sustainable forever, you don't feel deprived and enjoy the foods it provides then go for it - otherwise eat less of a well balanced diet and move more is my approach. But good luck - just because it's not good for me doesn't mean it may not good for you.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

You probably don't hear from most people on any diet plan after 2 years, because once they have gotten over the initial part of needing support and get the hang of things, it becomes second nature to them, they don't have questions, they've hit their goal, and/or they've probably found a smaller cohort group with whom to interact. The majority of people using MFP taper off in terms of forum participation after the initial period as well, for the same reasons.