Why....? Trivia question for you

Options
Jimb376mfp
Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
I do NOT know the answer nor why I asked myself this question today but why do some wire hangers have paper? What purpose does it serve?
I tried google and Wikipedia but still stumped!
qujwdbr4wvav.jpg

Replies

• _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    I do NOT know the answer nor why I asked myself this question today but why do some wire hangers have paper? What purpose does it serve?
    I tried google and Wikipedia but still stumped!
    qujwdbr4wvav.jpg

I think it's something for dresses and suits
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but I always assumed the paper was there so the metal hanger didn't get rust on your clothes
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Interesting definitions for "paper hanger" (which have nothing to do with your question...)

psupcxdag5m0.png
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I don't know why, but I always assumed the paper was there so the metal hanger didn't get rust on your clothes

This is the answer; not so much for rust but to cover cheap wire hangers that can damage certain fabrics over time

• LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    So the front and the back of your garment doesn't get all wrinklyass. And also, don't use those hangers if your mom is Joan Crawford.
    f43nzsw9v7dd.gif
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    They're called caped hangers and dry cleaners use them to protect the customers' clothes and sometimes print their logo on them

You're making that up.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    They're called caped hangers and dry cleaners use them to protect the customers' clothes and sometimes print their logo on them

Thanks, advertising logo makes sense.

Maybe Caped Crusaders use only caped hangers?

cbfh8vv5y49b.jpg

• jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Just a fancy hanger