cellulite

Options
Okay so the other day I was watching, You are What you Eat on BBC, some channel from the UK. And the lady on there said that if you eat clean you shouldn't have any. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I though cellulite was fat build up? I'm prob wrong, but just curious the same:happy:

Replies

• sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Okay so the other day I was watching, You are What you Eat on BBC, some channel from the UK. And the lady on there said that if you eat clean you shouldn't have any. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I though cellulite was fat build up? I'm prob wrong, but just curious the same:happy:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I love that show. I have based my eating habits on what she preaches ( about 90% of them anyhow) and I feel amazing. My husband has lost 22 lbs since New Years Day and while I have not lost that much, I have dropped inches.

If it makes my cellulite go away, that woudl be awesome.

She has written a book by the same name as the show and it is full of good information
  • mamashrub
    Options

you can sort of reduce cellulite, but because of genes, you may never get rid of it...
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    cellulite is a specific type of subcutaneous fat triggered by hormonal changes in woman, everyone has the cells, some are more genetically predisposed to fill those cells with fat then others, but we all have them. I guess the statement "You are what you eat." is true in that, if you don't ever eat more then your maintenance calories, the odds of you ever developing cellulite (or noticable cellulite) is far lower. But come on, none of us would be here if we all always ate our maintenance calories. Cellulite fat cells never go away, but losing weight and building muscle WILL reduce them, and if done effectively, reduce them right out of sight!
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    Even skinny people have it.
    I think if you're toned, at any size, you can reduce it. At least I hope.
    That's why we :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    LOL kinda like, brain cells come and go, but fat cells live FOREVER!!!:laugh:
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    LOL kinda like, brain cells come and go, but fat cells live FOREVER!!!:laugh:

LOL!!! Kind of depressing though.........
  • beagle595
    Options
    Mamashrub is right... It's in your genes. My girlfriend has always ran or roller bladed 5 miles a day even through her 3 pregnancies. She is 5'4 and 115 lbs of muscle... she has always had a very little cellulite in her legs. Hers reduced since she increased her weight training/ runs marathons and is a Fitness trainer now. There is always hope! My sisters and I are currently overweight 15-30 lbs but we don't have cellulite. But we all have stretch marks in our bellies from pregnancies... where as my girlfriend with the cellulite doesn't have one stretch mark and she had three 9 lb babies.
  • mamashrub
    Options
    Mamashrub is right... It's in your genes. My girlfriend has always ran or roller bladed 5 miles a day even through her 3 pregnancies. She is 5'4 and 115 lbs of muscle... she has always had a very little cellulite in her legs. Hers reduced since she increased her weight training/ runs marathons and is a Fitness trainer now. There is always hope! My sisters and I are currently overweight 15-30 lbs but we don't have cellulite. But we all have stretch marks in our bellies from pregnancies... where as my girlfriend with the cellulite doesn't have one stretch mark and she had three 9 lb babies.
    damn those strerch marks....i dont know which is worse!!!!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Banks is right, you can shrink it, but it won't go- those creams are a gimick too. Unfortunately, we are stuck.