Breakfast Fried Rice

Options
karendras
karendras Posts: 5 Member
Just posted my favorite gluten free, vegetarian breakfast. At 158 calories, it's filling and delicious! And I can even get my toddler to eat an extra vegetable serving! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/edit/2373787

Replies

• akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    The link just sends me to my own recipes :(
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    The link just sends me to my own recipes :(
    Same here...and I really wanna see this!!!!
  • karendras
    Options
    OK, so I stink at technology (good @ cooking tho!) I posted it with a photo and everything, but now it doesn't come up in a search, just in my recipe box (even tho I checked the sharing option). Maybe MFP reviews the shared recipes before posting??? Will try to figure it out... stay tuned, it's super yummy!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    bump

...the suspense is killing me! hahaha
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    definitely bumping this one
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    It says I haven't created any recipes yet. LIES!
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    can you just type it in here?... i have had problems with the recipes too!
  • lmorra
    lmorra Posts: 17
    Options
    sends me to my recipes too!
  • xcbballuver
    xcbballuver Posts: 186
    Options
    type it! i wanna knoww :D
  • karendras
    Options
    Help Dept not terribly Helpful :( Here's the recipe!

Breakfast Fried Rice

1 t. Olive Oil
    1 C. Broccoli Slaw
    Dash Red Pepper Flakes
    Dash Granulated Garlic
    1 Egg, Beaten
    1/2 C. Cooked Brown Rice
    Bragg's Amino Acid to Taste (tastes just like soy sauce but better for you!)

Heat 10" nonstick omelet pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and heat for a minute or so. Saute broccoli slaw with red pepper flakes and garlic in olive oil until broccoli turns from white to semi-translucent. Add beaten egg and scramble with slaw. Just before egg is almost cooked through, add brown rice and douse with Amino Acid. Let cook for a minute, flip or stir and let cook one more minute.

158 Cal 21g Carbs 6g Fat 10g Protein

I use Trader Joe’s Organic Broccoli Slaw, Trader Joe’s Frozen Brown Rice and Bragg’s Amino Acids are available at Whole Foods
    Options
    Help Dept not terribly Helpful :( Here's the recipe!

Breakfast Fried Rice

1 t. Olive Oil
    1 C. Broccoli Slaw
    Dash Red Pepper Flakes
    Dash Granulated Garlic
    1 Egg, Beaten
    1/2 C. Cooked Brown Rice
    Bragg's Amino Acid to Taste (tastes just like soy sauce but better for you!)

Heat 10" nonstick omelet pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and heat for a minute or so. Saute broccoli slaw with red pepper flakes and garlic in olive oil until broccoli turns from white to semi-translucent. Add beaten egg and scramble with slaw. Just before egg is almost cooked through, add brown rice and douse with Amino Acid. Let cook for a minute, flip or stir and let cook one more minute.

158 Cal 21g Carbs 6g Fat 10g Protein

I use Trader Joe’s Organic Broccoli Slaw, Trader Joe’s Frozen Brown Rice and Bragg’s Amino Acids are available at Whole Foods

Sounds great but where are you getting your calorie calculations from? Looks closer to about 270 to me.
  • Mathisfun
    Mathisfun Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • karendras
    Options
    Thanks for the note! I just noticed that I calculated with egg whites instead of eggs. (I make it both ways!) With egg whites it is 158, with a whole large egg it's 210. Slaw is 20, egg is 70, olive oil is 40, brown rice is 80 and seasoning is zippo!
    Options
    Thanks for the note! I just noticed that I calculated with egg whites instead of eggs. (I make it both ways!) With egg whites it is 158, with a whole large egg it's 210. Slaw is 20, egg is 70, olive oil is 40, brown rice is 80 and seasoning is zippo!

Ok thanks! Yeah, my brown rice calculates a bit higher then that...but that's OK! This sounds really good, I'll have to try it!