Getting ready for college

Options
abbeyfitness123
abbeyfitness123 Posts: 19 Member
edited July 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi!! This is my first post and I've lost almost 20 pounds since January/ February. I am really active, 5'6 and 153 pounds. I have a ton of muscle and am toned but I also can put on pounds easily if I don't watch what I eat. I'm pretty good about logging when I'm at home, especially when I am able to know the products my family gets from the store. But in just over a month I'll be moving out and I tend to over eat when I have a buffet style or order off menus at restaurants since my family cooks most nights. I workout at least once, usually twice a day. One hour cardio workout and an hour lifting workout. Any tips to avoid the freshman 15 and to loose all the progress I've worked so hard to make?

Replies

• ansmit4642014
    ansmit4642014 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of working out. Are you working out just to maintain a bad eating habit?

College is full of eating out and buffets if your living on campus. I would always get a big salad when you go to lunch or dinner first at the buffet and then after you eat the salad whatever your still hungry for try a little of each.
  • abbeyfitness123
    abbeyfitness123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you! And I workout mostly to stay feeling good about myself but this summer I wanted to lose a few more pounds, and to stay busy!
  • Nmarine1996
    Nmarine1996 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Im in college and maintaining my journey there is hard. Like the person above me said, eat a nice size salad for lunch and drink alot of water, then dinner downsize.
  • issiahs
    issiahs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I lost about 40 pounds last semester of college, but this was after putting on about 60 pounds during my first two years of college. Honestly, drinking was a huge factor in gaining so much weight. I never counted calories or considered it during my first two years. You seem like you already know how to have a healthy lifestyle though, so you'll be fine. Just don't procrastinate and build good study habits. Building those good habits will help to avoid stressing hard. Stress is what usually causes that weight gain for most people.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I gained the freshman 10. I then lost 40+ by the time I graduated.

I walked EVERYWHERE. The best advice I can give you is to lay off the booze. Calories from alcohol can add up quickly. I also usually ate a light b'fast and a huge lunch (based on hours that dining was open). I would eat a light dinner or no dinner if I was still full. This worked best with my schedule; and helped me adjust calories in the evening.