Any one from ohio?

Options
mjtaylor87
mjtaylor87 Posts: 242 Member
MY husband and I are taking a second honey moon to Ohio in a couple weeks. Kind of a spur of the moment thing. Going to Kings Island and a reds game. any one have any suggestions on what we should do in Cincinnati area? Food, Museums, Local gems?

Replies

• Zac1644
    Zac1644 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    There's a ton of great places down there, you can't really go wrong. I really like Pappadeuxs (sp?) Great food. Although I really encourage you to skip Kings Island and drive to the northern part of the state and go to Cedar point. I promise you that you won't regret it. Specially if you are into roller coaster. Check it out! Enjoy Ohio!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    Zac1644 wrote: »
    Enjoy Ohio!

I don't know that I've ever heard anyone actually say that before.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Creation Museum is south of Cincinnati. Heard its pretty good, especially the replica of Noah's Ark
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    mjtaylor87 wrote: »
    MY husband and I are taking a second honey moon to Ohio in a couple weeks. Kind of a spur of the moment thing. Going to Kings Island and a reds game. any one have any suggestions on what we should do in Cincinnati area? Food, Museums, Local gems?

Restaurants:

The Precinct
    Montgomery Inn
    Skyline Chili (Clifton Location is best)
    The Golden Lamb (is near Kings Island)

Buildings to see:

The Union Terminal ( It's really quite amazing and is quintessential art deco architecture)
    The Netherland Hilton's Interior (have a drink at their bar)
    Music Hall ( "I want to eat this building" ~ Jerry Seinfeld )

also...

Go to Mount Adams
    & the Cincinnati Zoo is one of the best in the nation (Harabee notwithstanding)
  • Hypsibius
    Hypsibius Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    mjtaylor87 wrote: »

Welcome to Ohio! I moved back to Ohio a year ago (and grew up here). My wife and I live in Columbus.

Honestly if you're in the area you should absolutely go to Hocking Hills. Worth the 2 1/2 drive. Great hiking, biking, caves, river kayaking, rock formations, trails, and the superman zip-line is probably the fastest/most fun zipline there is. Gorgeous if you love outdoors and photography and I would say the gem of Ohio.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    The restaurant at the airport Radisson is very nice.
  • Zac1644
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Enjoy Ohio!

I don't know that I've ever heard anyone actually say that before.

I try to stay positive :D
  • Zac1644
    Options

also...

Go to Mount Adams
    & the Cincinnati Zoo is one of the best in the nation (Harabee notwithstanding)

Legends never die #ripharambe :'(

• LinserSE
    LinserSE Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Im from Ohio!(: Going off to CSU next year and actually just got back from a trip to Cedar Point (I highly recommend you go!), sunburned everywhere though -__- ANYWHO not much else to do, but if you get to do something, do that xD Anyone add me if you want to be frineds and have a good day!(:
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    There's a ton of great places down there, you can't really go wrong. I really like Pappadeuxs (sp?) Great food. Although I really encourage you to skip Kings Island and drive to the northern part of the state and go to Cedar point. I promise you that you won't regret it. Specially if you are into roller coaster. Check it out! Enjoy Ohio!

Sorry, there may be more roller coasters at Cedar Point, but nothing compares to The Beast at Kings Island. The Zoo is really nice. If you want to "taste" Cincinnati, You will need to get some Skyline or Gold Star Chili, Graeter's Ice Cream and go to Montgomery Inn for the ribs.

If you are willing to make a drive, as someone mentions, The Hocking Hills are beautiful, but it will be muggy this time of year.
  • Zac1644
    Options

Sorry, there may be more roller coasters at Cedar Point, but nothing compares to The Beast at Kings Island.

You're nuts, the beast may be a classic but I think you're hung up on the nostalgia of it. You couldn't pay me to go to kings island over cedar point
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Sorry, there may be more roller coasters at Cedar Point, but nothing compares to The Beast at Kings Island.

You're nuts, the beast may be a classic but I think you're hung up on the nostalgia of it. You couldn't pay me to go to kings island over cedar point

Cedar Point is just a long drive from The 'Natti
  • Jazzberry91
    Jazzberry91 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If you make it to the zoo def try and see the baby Hippo Fiona <3 She is kinda a local celebrity. She was born super early but now is up to the same weight as a full term baby hippo, plus she is adorable. Several animals at the zoo recently had babies and they just reopened the gorilla exhibit after redoing it completely (it was not open yet when I went on mother's day).
  • Zac1644
    Options

Cedar Point is just a long drive from The 'Natti

True story lol
  • mjtaylor87
    mjtaylor87 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I want to go to the zoo so bad but this will be the first vacation we get to take with out the kids aside from our actually honey moon and my husband doesn't want to go to a zoo. we just took a trip to Ohio in April and went to the Columbus zoo, wright Patterson, giant flea market, and new port aquarium.

We are picking Kings Island but we talked about cedar point but we just dont want to spend so much time driving when we only have 2 days. SO im getting all inclusive tickets to kings island and we are going to a reds game.

I will have to try Montgomery inn because i have really been craving some ribs.

I liked the idea of one of those pedal wagons. they look like fun but are they worth $30 a person?
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Hey Ho Way To Go..... Ohio
    https://youtu.be/-WXcexId5s8
    You kinda set me up for this song. Maybe you could play it while your there. :laugh: