Confession!

Options
Gotta admit this..I went over on my calories yesterday (didn't record everything) on purpose! I was tired of constantly watching and thinking about what I'm putting in my mouth, exercising and not dropping a pound so I decided to not 'care' yesterday. I didn't workout and I didn't stay within my calorie range....probably went over 200 calories. I didn't eat 'horrible' things but I did go over my calories. I was hoping that this would speed up my metabolism a bit and get these last few pounds to come off.
Already finished my workout for today and back to watching my calories!

Anyone else feel like this sometimes?

Replies

• ukhennin
    ukhennin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yeah, there are probably one or two meals a week that I chose not to track. I mean you have to live a little don't you? I've never had a problem getting right back on track so I definitely think it's a good thing.
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Yeah but I still log it all or else I feel like I'm lying to myself and just trying to make myself feel better which I shouldn't otherwise I won't try as hard.

It's whatever works for you though! There is no law to say you have to log everything you eat on mfp if you don't want to!! :)
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    YES!!
  • YvetteSmith69
    Options
    Heck yes I feel the same way from time to time.
  • LauraDubbleya
    LauraDubbleya Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ugh.. every day.! But I limit it to once a week. It's hard to keep doing the right thing when you're not seeing results. I try to remember that as long as I don't completely derail, it's okay to fall off the tracks now and then. like someone on here said, you gotta have SOME fun once in awhile.

Good luck and I hope this shakes up your metabolism again.
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    yes! WE ARE PENN STATE!
  • carisatterwhite
    carisatterwhite Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes, me!! I plan on indulging some this weekend. I am getting a little sick of always thinking about calories, exercise, etc..
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Yup! I do it, and I usually end up loosing more weight after a beer and eating some junk. (well over the next few days)
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Yup, you are not alone! i usually eat really well for about 2 weeks, stay under my calories and exercise, but i don't lose anything. this past week i haven't been doing great (not eating terrible but not logging and not exercising.. it's finals week, thats my excuse). i've done this in the past and find i lose faster/more that way than if i stuck to healthy eating etc.... i guess its like zig zagging calories?
  • FirewifeCarrie
    Options
    Technically I did log what I ate..but not the full amount. I made myself tortilla chips with melted colby jack cheese on them. SO good and SO worth it. Like I said it's not like I ate a whole container of ice cream or fast food. :)
    I always log in everything that I put in my mouth so not putting the full amount felt wrong, lol!

Felt good but am ready to start being 'good' again and hoping that the scale will reflect! I never thought it would be so much of a science to lose weight! Not that I ever thought it was easy but it seems like this is all I think about at times!
  • readingmomma
    readingmomma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've done that here and there...I look at the item after I eat it or I know about how many cal is has and at the end of the day I go in and estimate. But try not to really track too much every day. Gotta live a little. However, I have cut way back on how often we have mac and cheese...although it is nice and cheap when bought on sale and quick and easy for meals.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    yes,

I actually have my food diary max calories set about 200 calories less than I eat,
    just in case and also I know that if I'm under I will most likely make up for the non logged calories on the weekend.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Log it! See what happens. What if you lose because of your splurge? You'll want a record of that.

I was having a hard time staying under, going over 4 or 5 days in a row. I lost 3 pounds. I then changed my goals to 0.5lbs and it upped my calories to where I was "accidentally" at anyway. I'm so much happier here too.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Never. I walk on the straight and narrow every day of my life.
  • crazymama2two
    Options

*pushes brew off the straight and narrow line*
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

As do I. I even log the air I breathe. So should everyone, or they are not serious.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options

*pushes brew off the straight and narrow line*

:laugh:
  • cmbradfield
    Options
    I never track my food/exercise on the weekend. Saturday is my one bad day but I still try and do 2 1hr classes at the gym!
  • jayb123x
    jayb123x Posts: 138
    Options
    LOL, thanks for that.
    As do I. I even log the air I breathe. So should everyone, or they are not serious.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I didn't track my food when I went to the fair last week. Where do you even start?? Consequently I gained (probably water weight from salt) 3 pounds. :frown: Oh well. The fair only comes once a year and I dropped those 3 pounds quickly. No damage done in the long run.