Any new users of Phentermine to jump start weight loss?

Options
I recently started phentermine 37.5 daily to jumpstart weight loss. I've struggled with my weight for years. I gained 45# since last fall. I've been on the diet rodeo for years, trying everything from HCG to Advocare and Weight Watchers. I do really well for a while then gain it all back. It's a never ending cycle. I'm hoping with the use of this medication, I can get my eating habits back on track and stay healthy and keep my weight down once I reach my goal. The only issue is caffeine. I feel I need caffeine throughout the day to keep my energy going by noon, but my doctor said to limit caffeine as much as possible. I'm drinking plenty of water and walking when I can at work throughout the day. Any suggestions or anyone drinking coffee or other caffeine drinks like Spark or Slim?

Replies

• NewGloSan
    NewGloSan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Dollbaby (-: I actually just started it today, 30 mg! It makes me feel like when I take the Red LipoFat burner, kinda hyper and energized so I usually don't feel the need for caffeine. How do you feel?? I do like a need my coffee so I am going to do decaf. Maybe you should try decaf and it will act like a placebo for the caffeine in regular coffee. Maybe we can go through this journey together! This is the first time I am ever taking it. You??
  • dollbaby6648
    dollbaby6648 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, first time taking it. Been almost a week. I was on vacation all last week, so I was busy and running around and had lots of energy. Maybe the problem is now I'm more sedentary because I work in an office so my energy is not as high? How much are you trying to lose?
  • 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have been on a low dose (15mg) for about a month. I did cut back on caffeine to 2 cups a day. I noticed I'm more hyper just when I'm at work moving around, or exercising. With diet & exercise I lost 7 lbs my first month. I'm not sure how much is the pill and how much is the diet and exercise, but I do not crave all the junk foods I did before like chocolate & fast food. I have no desire for them.
  • HollywoodPlatinum
    HollywoodPlatinum Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do NOT HAVE CAFFEINE while on phentermine. You will be harming yourself. Phentermine gives you and accelerated heart rate by itself. Don't add the caffeine to it. Dangerous. I have taken phentermine (Adipex-P) in the past when younger. I'm 49 now and cannot use it at all. It races my heart too bad and I have a great heart w no blockages and good structure and no fat.

If you log your diet and type in your height, weight, & gender and put your goal weight, you can lose by diet alone. Set the weight loss at "2 lbs a week", which is the most MFP will allow u to choose. Over time, you will have learned so much thru documenting that you'll be mad at yourself for not doing before. This is an awesome site and it's free!! Premium membership would be better. Use these tools to improve your overall health and you can do it!!! Good luck to you on this journey. One step at a time. MaryRuth
  • HollywoodPlatinum
    HollywoodPlatinum Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, phentermine is a legal form of "SPEED"!! Fast heart rate, feel hyped up, nervous, may have shakes, lots of energy if on 37.5mg
  • That_Country_Girl82
    That_Country_Girl82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I can't take it I have anxiety- panic attacks . I would stroke out.
  • hurdree
    hurdree Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My doctor prescribed it to me a month ago. I read a lot about it and decided to hold off because the side effects kind of freak me out and I didn't pick up the prescription for another week. I then let it sit in my cupboard for another three weeks but when I couldn't button my pants for work on Monday and started crying I decided to try it...after I'd had my coffee. Oh man, that was a bad idea. Now that I've taken it three more times I can tell the caffeine REALLY impacted me. Although coffee is a big habit for me I think it is one I will kick in the next three months!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    This'll end well....
  • stacyb99
    stacyb99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I used Phentermine and definitely lost weight... totally forgot food. HOWEVER fast forward 14 months almost all weight is back. I was under doctor's care and seeing nutrionist monthly. They had me on those pills, shakes & protein bars for nearly 6 months. So ultimately, I temporarily lost lbs, but learned nothing. I even tried Phentermine again, but did not work..weird many say that occurs...and can really be horrible for us!
    If you decide to use meds, I highly suggest, use to help for few weeks only, really just while your stomach & mind adjust. I also feel logging is key. Again, I did not do this, but as I sit here, praying tomorrow is going to really be my new start.... I know that logging everything that's going in your mouth, is really what we need to do to learn how to manage successful long term loss. Good luck!