Low carb recipes?

Options
My trainer has recommended I go on a carb cycle diet for the next 1-2 weeks to break my little weight loss plateau. Can anyone share any recipes that are good and easy to make? I make zoodles all the time already and love them! I'm not scared of veggies, in fact I love them!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    If you want to go low carb, cut down on carb heavy foods like bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, fruit, soda and sweets. You don't need any particular recipes, in fact, you're more likely to stick to your plan if you make your own choices. If you want to lose weight, all you need to do is eat less.

Weight loss plateaus don't exist. You're either eating more than you think, or not monitoring your weight properly. As you get lighter, weight loss will naturally slow down. Natural weight flucutations can mask your real weight loss for weeks. Tighten up food logging, and watch your weight trend.
  • sabresue2017
    sabresue2017 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am trying low-carb ketogenic diet but having trouble limiting my carbs to 10% (about 33g) - looking for tips
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Chicken, turkey, tuna or fish are usually low carb if fresh and not breaded or fried. My daddy used to say the best is cooking with the "B's".....Broiled, boiled, baked or bbq'd.

I love to grill some boneless skinless chicken breasts and then stir fry some onions and peppers in a pan with just a coating of extra virgin olive oil. You can add additional veggies like mushrooms or broccoli etc. to your liking. I like to just add a splash of teriyaki and soy for added flavor but not much. Just eat as a meal and not in a burrito.
    A salad on the side would be good alternate.

I love making egg omelets with veggies too, even for dinner. You can leave some yolk if concerned about fat or cholesterol out and a sprinkle of cheese on top just for flavor. One of my faves is egg whites with a yolk or two, onion, spinach & a sprinkle of feta cheese :) I sometimes just do eggs, onions, roasted red pepper & sprinkle feta.

Google is so handy.....google low carb recipes or ketogenic recipes. Tons of recipes to choose from. Good luck,
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I low carb, but I don't do "low carb recipes." I build meals around meat and non starchy veg and then instead of adding a starch component I'm a bit more liberal with adding fat (cheese or cooking with olive oil or a larger portion of avocado or vinaigrette on a salad).

The only difference between how I cook when not low carbing and how I cook when low carbing is how much fruit or potatoes or pasta I would use (and when really low carb I'd leave them out). (This is just normal cooking to me, maybe some people grow up in a culture where everything is breaded and stuff and some do not?)
  • Heather_MXP
    Heather_MXP Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to try this over the coming weekend. http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2017/05/22/low-carb-spring-rolls/
  • iona171718
    iona171718 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey i love this recepe for low carb you can play around with it and make it to suit you

Simple Easy Crustless Spinach Quiche

Author: Adapted from Allrecipes

Prep time:  20 mins

Cook time:  40 mins

Total time:  1 hour

Serves: 4-6

If you have frozen spinach, eggs, cheese and ONE onion, you can make this Simple Easy Crustless Spinach Quiche.

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil2 cloves garlic, minced1 onion, chopped10 ounces fresh (washed) or frozen (thawed and drained) spinach5 eggs, beaten3 cups shredded cheese (see note)1 tablespoon fresh parsley, choppedpinch nutmeg (optional)⅛ teaspoon saltpinch pepper

Instructions

Spray a 10 inch pie plate with non-stick spray. Set aside.Preheat oven to 350℉.Over medium-high heat, heat olive oil in a large skillet.Add garlic, stir-fry for 1 minute.Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.Add spinach and cook, stirring occasionally until mixture has lost its' moisture.Meanwhile, combine eggs, cheese, herbs and spices.Remove spinach mixture from heat and set aside to cool slightly for a few minutes.Combine cheese and spinach mixture.Pour mixture in prepared pie plate.Bake in oven for approximately 30-40 minutes or until mixture has set.
  • fruba123
    fruba123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also on a low carb meal plan.
    Just began actually.
    Feel free to take a look at my diary for today.
    If there's anything you like, I'd be happy to send you my recipes. :)
  • nefudaboss
    nefudaboss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Turkey tacos, 99% fat free Turkey meat, avacado slices, carb balance 3net carb taco shells from mission, shredded cheese, tomatos, spinach, jalapenos, yummmmyyyyyy
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Throw some protein or another on the grill and eat a wide variety of veg and some fruit...
  • awells5187
    awells5187 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was a pasta addict, no sarcasm. It has been a tough fight but I'm doing better, but I still need to do better with carbs in general.