TurboFire vs Insanity

Options
I hated Insanity and did not lose weight after completing the entire program. For those who have done both TurboFire and Insanity- how do they compare? Would you recommend TurboFire?

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I have not done Insanity but I really like Turbo Fire. It's fun, the music is great, it's great fitness without being overly painful, the host is super cute and fun (I found her annoying at first but have grown to really like her). I like all the sexy, fit people in the "class". Good motivation to want to look like them. I like the variety in all the different workouts, the yoga and strength training that is including. Seriously can't say enough good things about the program and I don't even sell it.

I've heard Insanity is harder so if it didn't work for you I'm not sure Turbo Fire would. I've done 8 weeks of Turbo Fire without doing the diet or even being over "good" at counting with MFP, but I've lost 6lbs and have noticed a LOT of toning.
  • jkcools
    jkcools Posts: 66
    Options
    The thing I found to help me with INSANITY is to add weight trainning into your weekly workouts, plus you really have to work till your about ready to pass out with INSANITY. A member of myfittnesspal Caseynjason just posted some before and after pics using Turbo Fire and her results look amazing.
  • shiransom
    shiransom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    The thing I found to help me with INSANITY is to add weight trainning into your weekly workouts, plus you really have to work till your about ready to pass out with INSANITY. A member of myfittnesspal Caseynjason just posted some before and after pics using Turbo Fire and her results look amazing.

Her amazing pics are the reason I'm looking into TurboFire :)

I did not add weights with Insanity, but I did feel like I was going to pass out or throw up (or both) every time.
  • peggyalex
    peggyalex Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Just got my TurboFire in the mail today! Can't wait to start it! :)
  • jkcools
    jkcools Posts: 66
    Options
    Wow, sounds like you gave it a fair go. Maybe another program is the answer, I pray you have success with whatever you choose.
  • badkison3
    badkison3 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have competed both TurboFire and Insanity. I truly enjoyed doing TurboFire. Insanity was more of a mind of matter thing. I loved to hate it. As far as success goes, I saw much more weight and inch loss with TurboFire. I don't know if it's because I did it first. Overall, I lost 19 inches and 23 pounds. With Insanity, I felt that I toned up more, but nothing significant. However, I didn't really have much to lose. I'd "like" to lose 5-10 pounds but don't really "need" to. With Insanity, I could never find the right balance with how much to eat in comparison to the large amounts of calories I was burning. Therefore, I was up and down the same four pounds.
    Overall, I really like the Beachbody programs I have done (TurboFire, Chalean Extreme, and Insanity), but if I was to chose one for my soulmate workout (as Chalene Johnson says) it would definitely be TurboFire. It is so fun once you get the moves down, and I looked forward to it. It was my "me" time.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I have not done Insanity but have TF and LOVE it!! It's upbeat, fun and still a hard, challenging workout! Good luck to you!