weight

terryrob2
terryrob2 Posts: 76 Member
edited September 30 in Introduce Yourself
Quit smoking six months ago and gained 30 lbs ugh.living on mints but steadly picking up the lbs any ideas

Replies

• Dont rely on those mints so much!!! I did and now I have 6 teeth I have to get fixed they really do tear them up...... once had no problems with them I regret using mints to quit smoking. Now that I have been exercising I have not only lost 5lbs this week alone I have slowed down drastically on my smoking... just dont feel like going outside in the heat after sweating my butt of for an hour... but everyone is different!!
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Awesome job on quitting smoking! I quit last October after being a slave to the stick for almost 15 years. I still have a drag every now and then from a friend's, but it feels so good to not have that constant craving! Sugar free popsicles! They have been my saving grace :-)
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    What about peppermint tea? Or nibbling on some veggies such as carrots or celery (that takes a little work)? Exercise,as someone mentioned, is a great idea! Anything to distract you is always a good idea when it comes to kicking a habit.
  • terryrob2
    Thank you I'm trying to wean myself off the mints now will try harder to trying to walk but its also in the 90s here also in michigan
  • angeleyes9770
    angeleyes9770 Posts: 7 Member
    congrats, like you I also gained 30 pounds after I Quit smoking then I just kept putting it on but now I am working on taking it back off I chewed on low cal gum that helped me a lot. I have been smoke free for about 7 years now.
  • mrsmichellewilson
    mrsmichellewilson Posts: 86 Member
    I quit in September after 30 plus years of smoking. Put on 20 pounds added to the 30 I already wanted to lose. I know this sounds weird but one of my tricks was a hollowed out pen that I would hold on to like a cig and sometimes dragged off of and suckers helped too. Good luck . Add me as a friend and keep me updated on you loss and non smoking. Good Luck ~ Michelle
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    I ate a lot of sunflower seeds... Just make sure to get plenty of water to counteract the salt. :ohwell:
  • I personally have to quit smoking myself because I need my tonsils removed and because it is a really bad habit to have, but in the same turn I know how hard it is to quit. Just felt like I would share one of the big reasons I didnt keep up with the mints. I am new to the whole exercise thing and we have been hit with the heat wave as well there are alot of indoor things I have been doing to keep up with my exercise... I have a bad back, shoulder , and ankle so a friend of mine gave me a gazelle which I love..... I know I have seen some other ppl say that the gazelle hasnt helped them and everyone is different but works great for me and I make it fun with the local radio station playing or my Ipod and change my speed or change which muscles I work on to the beat of the music..... what also helps is if you can find a friend in the area to exercise with go to the local YMCA or to the mall and window shop!!
  • terryrob2
    Thanks everyone for the ideas. Thet will help
This discussion has been closed.