Newbie on here.

Options
Hello all. Been using mfp for last 6 mths. Thought I'd check the community board out.
Cheers ade

Replies

• stumpy1972uk1
    stumpy1972uk1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Got 5 minutes spare to add some more detail. 45 years old. Run my own upholstery business with my wife. Started using mfp 6 months ago to try to loose weight. Starting weight 146.8kg now down to 129.2kg. Weight loss has levelled off now. Ride at weekends on mountain bikes cross country.
    Thanks for reading.
    Cheers ade
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss!
  • stumpy1972uk1
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss!

Thank you. Find this app so useful ..just got to work out better meals for more variety. Eat mainly Turkey and fish.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    When you get some time to examine your food diary, you can figure what you have to work with to get fed to satiety on fewer calories. That will bust you through this level.
  • stumpy1972uk1
    Options
    When you get some time to examine your food diary, you can figure what you have to work with to get fed to satiety on fewer calories. That will bust you through this level.

That's a good tip thanks . Will look back through the chart. Thank you
  • ironjay37
    ironjay37 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Fantastic loss young man, you must feel great, welcome to the boards
  • stumpy1972uk1
    Options
    ironjay37 wrote: »
    Fantastic loss young man, you must feel great, welcome to the boards

Thank you. Yeah feel hugely different. Been quite emotional putting on clothes I haven't worn for over 10 years that are now loose but were tight 10 years ago. Want to lose more . Think wholemeal bread is slowing my diet down , have been having 6 slices a day .
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hi mate
    Great weight loss so far.
    6 slices of bread is roughly 700 cals
    No need to cut it out totally
    I'm cutting at the minute but still
    Manage to squeeze in 2 slices per day
  • stumpy1972uk1
    Options
    watts6151 wrote: »
    Hi mate
    Great weight loss so far.
    6 slices of bread is roughly 700 cals
    No need to cut it out totally
    I'm cutting at the minute but still
    Manage to squeeze in 2 slices per day

Hi mate, thanks for that.
    Bringing it down to 1 slice of brown plus one poached egg for breakfast. When I first started the diet I was having 2 toast 2 eggs . Lunch salad with mackerel fillets. Dinner salad and Turkey. Then started having salad sandwiches for lunch . It's fat content I think I need to reduce to burn my own body store off.
    Before starting mfp I was eating high protein but only 6-800 calories a day .
    Cheers ade