Work lunch ideas

Options
xokit
xokit Posts: 12 Member
I need some simple easy ideas to take my lunch to work.

Replies

• asianolikeyou
    asianolikeyou Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    These are some meals I take with me for lunch, hope they inspire you!

- A hearty scoop of chicken salad (boiled, shredded chicken breast mixed w/ Greek yogurt and chives) atop baby arugula
    - Assorted veggies (baby carrots, celery sticks, cauliflower florets, pepper slices, etc.) and thinly sliced steak w/ a dollop of hummus to dip them in
    - Zucchini "spaghetti" topped w/ roasted tomatoes, a small amount of crumbled feta, and crumbled, crispy turkey bacon
    - A whole wheat tortilla wrap stuffed w/ shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, and baked, spiced pork strips, topped w/ a dollop of sour cream
    - Grilled chicken breast w/ grilled asparagus and roasted sweet potato wedges
    - A cup of Greek yogurt w/ cherries, blueberries, and toasted oats (for when I'm craving something sweet)
  • xokit
    xokit Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you great ideas!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    My go to would taco meat ( seasoned ground beef or turkey) iceberg lettuce, tomatoes (or salsa) w/ greek yogurt on top! Viola taco salad !
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Cold meats, cheese if I can fit it in, rolled up in a salad leaf, with a hard boiled egg on the side.

Celery sticks to crunch on, and carrots/peppers/cucumber etc Olives are also a great snack and pickles. Salsa, soft cheese & humous goes well with vegetable sticks.

Chicken salad, tuna and egg salad.

Egg white wrap filled with ham and cream cheese (or any filling you like)

• sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I usually make a huge salad with chicken and either veggies or fruit and low cal dressing. Or I make sure I make doubles for dinner and take leftovers for lunch
  • LaughHappy907
    LaughHappy907 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I do soups, easy to prep on Sunday and pack up so I can just grab it in the morning. Right now my favorites are white bean and cabbage, roasted red pepper, chicken noodle, and cilantro black bean. They are all pretty low calorie (2 cups of the cabbage soup I make is only 168 calories) but packed with good stuff. I make a huge batch and separate it out in these 2 cup Ziploc containers I got at the grocery store. Makes it easy to track it and what not. To go with them as snacks, green bean crisps, quaker rice cakes, cottage cheese, thin pretzel chips stuff like that.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    My Current Favorite:

Zucchini Noodles
    Pork Tenderloin
    Blistered Chery Tomatoes

Cook the pork tenderloin, I sear and then bake, I've been using spices and hot sauce, then cook your zoodles with a bit of olive oil and spice, in a seperate pan blister about a cup of cherry tomatoes, combine.

Its delicious I promise :D