I Need My Crunch!

Options
whilome
whilome Posts: 2 Member
Anybody got any low carb recipes that I can sink my teeth into? I realize that I crave crunchy things. If I'm not gnawing into something, my brain thinks I'm not eating. I'm looking for something non-dairy (there goes Parmesan crackers) that I can nosh on. Any recipes or products?

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    It takes ages to truly chew a 3 oz. serving of baby cut carrots. Add a serving of low fat sour cream and some dried dill and it seems decadent. For non-dairy, you could try some hummus for dipping.
  • ansmit4642014
    ansmit4642014 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Maybe add almonds to some of your recipes
  • asianolikeyou
    asianolikeyou Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Celery or carrot sticks
    Roasted kale or beet chips
    Almonds or pistachios
    Unsalted, non-buttered popcorn
  • ONEQT
    ONEQT Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My goto is Pork Rinds!! Turns out, you can crush them to a powder to make Paleo/ low carb pie crust! Even oven-fried chicken coating. I'm learning so much...
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Slight carbs but dip chicken in mayo and roll in dried onion flakes. Gives some crunch. You can bake or deep fry as you prefer. Carrots are pretty high carb but if you want a veggie to dip romaine lettuce has some crunch and celery shouldn't be too high. Dip in homemade ranch dressing (mayo, sour cream, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, parsley flakes and MSG).
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Pork scratching
    Parmesan crisps
    Salami crisps
    Brazil nuts
  • LaughHappy907
    LaughHappy907 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Gobs and gobs of cabbage, lightly cooked. Flavor it a million different ways. And kale and spinach chips, or dehydrated veggies.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Thinking about that chicken recipe. I've never deep fried it, I always baked it. The mayo might not hold up in a deep fryer. Also realized my dressing has dairy. Sorry.
  • dabearo
    dabearo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Power crunch protein bars and cheese crisps.
  • whilome
    whilome Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Pork scratching
    Parmesan crisps
    Salami crisps
    Brazil nuts

Ooh! What are salami crisps?! You can make those crispy? How?