My butt hurts

Options
2»

Replies

• MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    Honestly you just condition yourself to it. Padded shorts (i prefer the gel variety) and some cycling cream if needed.

-Get out of seat occasionally but not too much, i try not to move around that much.
    -Get your seat positioning correct, you want to be sitting correctly and avoiding unnecessary pressure on your sit bones.
    -Avoid seats that are too soft. ( i like my cutout seats)
    -Adjust seat height correctly. Any person that has been cycling a few years will be able to spot any oddities in this regard.
    -Learn how to peddle, that sounds stupid but i see people bouncing on their seats because they're peddling at too high a cadence. I try not to put too much pressure or force on the seat, you can ease some of that through correct form.
    -Take breaks on long rides and don't sit in wet clothing if you can help it.

Bring on the wrist, shoulder, triceps and neck pain!
  • L0Lnikki
    L0Lnikki Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the cycling shorts (chamois) -- if you don't already own a few pair. That butt-pad (as I call it) is a godsend.

I really think that's what I'll need of my seat doesn't morph
  • L0Lnikki
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    Honestly you just condition yourself to it. Padded shorts (i prefer the gel variety) and some cycling cream if needed.

-Get out of seat occasionally but not too much, i try not to move around that much.
    -Get your seat positioning correct, you want to be sitting correctly and avoiding unnecessary pressure on your sit bones.
    -Avoid seats that are too soft. ( i like my cutout seats)
    -Adjust seat height correctly. Any person that has been cycling a few years will be able to spot any oddities in this regard.
    -Learn how to peddle, that sounds stupid but i see people bouncing on their seats because they're peddling at too high a cadence. I try not to put too much pressure or force on the seat, you can ease some of that through correct form.
    -Take breaks on long rides and don't sit in wet clothing if you can help it.

Bring on the wrist, shoulder, triceps and neck pain!

Thank you!
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Mine hurts too but for entirely different reasons.

I use a banana seat on my bike.

*summoned* This is like the 3rd time someone has said banana today. What's up with that?

I ate two bananas today. I didn't try any butt stuff though with said bananas.

Just don't make eye contact.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    butt stuff gets better with practice

...so like, do ya' need a ride home after this thread ?
  • MJ2victory
    MJ2victory Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love/hate foam rolling my glutes. highly recommend.
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    Take time to rest. My suggestion is a new seat one padded for your comfort, if you own the equipment or if not use a towel to sit on to add padding.
  • L0Lnikki
    Options
    UPDATE: DAY 2 was much easier on my bum while on the bike. Things will keep getting better I'm sure. Thank goodness for my bum being understanding. Must be the squats keeping it in check.
  • x_desertcolt_x
    x_desertcolt_x Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Suuuure it was your "bike".
    perv!
    butt stuff gets better with practice
    perv!

lol
  • BrittneyBroussard
    BrittneyBroussard Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I despise the bike!! With every part of my body i hate it lol