Reducing Sugar (detox)

Options
I am a mother of 4 kids, 40 years old and I have heart failure. I need to lose 100 pounds to save my life
I've been a sugar addict for as long as I can remember. I know that if I reduce amount of sugar that I am eating I'm going to be able to regain my health. I've been studying the effects of sugar on the body and pancreas, and it is scary. This is something I need to do, but I can't do it alone. I don't have anyone to support me in this goal.
Detoxing off of sugar isnt going to be fun. The effects of extra insulin are going to make for a couple miserable days. so I'm looking for people who may want to reduce their sugar consumption or who want to support those who are reducing sugar in their diet.
I know I'm asking for the most valuable thing you have... your time.
There isn't any magic pill or patch or surgery that can fix this. I don't want to die from this, I don't know how else to fix this or find help.

Replies

• nowahealthierme
    nowahealthierme Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just came on here, wanting to rant myself BC my current sugar withdrawal symptoms are making me miserable. However I know it has to be done; I've done it before and know that it will get better and soon I won't even notice that I'm not consuming tons of sugar. I can't offer any advice to you, but you have my support!
  • ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    It will suck - for less than a week if you go cold turkey. To make it easier drink a lot of water and replace your salt and electrolytes. Powerade Zero was a lifesaver the first week.
    Good luck!
  • 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    We all do!! There are some great documentaries on Netflix that I watched that really motivated me in the beginning. All about what these food companies put in our food to keep us coming back.
  • efoleo
    efoleo Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Pls add me. I think sugar is really weighing me down....i think its responsible for me going over my calories, gaining weight, not drinking any water, messing with my moods, etc. I know i shld cut it out but wld really need a buddy....my weaknesses being coffee and coke. Wld you want to buddy up? Check in frequently? Hows it going for u now?