HATE sharing food (even with family)

Options
Anyone else get super uncomfortable/anxious/defensive/mean when others ask if they can have some of your food? IDK maybe it's just me being weird.

Replies

• Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I don't like it if someone wants to drink from my glass, if that's what you mean. It grosses me out.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Once it's on my plate, it's all mine!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Well no... I'm a Chef. Sharing my food is what I do with my life. That's why I put time, and love and thought and creativity into the food I prepare. To give satisfaction and joy to others.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    If I weighed it I'm eating it, no I don't share. I have never been big on sharing if I offer someone some of my food people are shocked.
  • scoobytaylor1
    scoobytaylor1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, its only the tasty stuff I've been looking forward to all day, not the veggies they want to snatch.
  • kyubeans
    kyubeans Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Normally no, but since I started doing this CICO thing, Yes! My dad went to eat a piece of my omelet and I had weighed and measured every bit of it. I got pretty annoyed with him but I didn't like feeling that way. Still, what am I supposed to do -- make extra just in case someone wants some? No that doesn't seem feasible. I guess I should just let it happen and make up for it later with a snack or something.

But yes I understand how that feels.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    Depends who. My husband really doesn't touch my food, nor does my oldest daughter. However, I have a 19 month that wants whatever is on my plate. Like other's stated, once I weigh my food, It is mine. I am eating every bit of it. So, I started putting just a small spoon full to the side of my plate. So, if she does want a "bite", I give her that instead of my measured portion. Sharing with my hubby and kids is one thing, anyone else is a definite no.
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    Well no... I'm a Chef. Sharing my food is what I do with my life. That's why I put time, and love and thought and creativity into the food I prepare. To give satisfaction and joy to others.

I love cooking and baking for others. I too get a joy from this. But when it comes to MY food... that's when I get weird.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    Verdenal wrote: »
    I don't like it if someone wants to drink from my glass, if that's what you mean. It grosses me out.

Me too! My kids get their own.. I hate when my husband takes a drink and it is close to the bottom of the glass. I can't do it.. I just tell him that he can have it.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Oh, Yes! It just my husband and me here but if he wants something I have on my plate I get all grumbly and say that he is throwing off my count and that I will have to weigh my food again.
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Oh, Yes! It just my husband and me here but if he wants something I have on my plate I get all grumbly and say that he is throwing off my count and that I will have to weigh my food again.

What's even worse is when they don't ask... Had a roommate in college who would always get into my protein bar stash... :|
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    If I've weighed and logged it, it's all mine. Violet doesn't share food.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    When Ive made my meals and every macro is accounted for, and weighed/measured precisely, you try steal my food, I'll stab you with a fork (not from being hangry)

I'll gladly share when I'm at a restaurant enjoying a nice meal.... That's how we get to try more food!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Yes I hate it. My husband and I will be making food at the same time sometimes and I'm chopping and weighing and it all goes in the pan and he'll be like "can I have two bites of that?" Grrrar!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I would have a problem with someone (not a small child) wanting part of my meal. It does not happen.
    I don't really have a problem sharing something like chips or popcorn. Happens sometimes.
    I would have a huge hate for someone (not a small child) taking from my food without asking or saying they didn't want anything and then wanting to eat my food a short time later.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I couldn't imagine not sharing food. Always learning and seeing other perspectives.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I would have a problem with someone (not a small child) wanting part of my meal. It does not happen.
    I don't really have a problem sharing something like chips or popcorn. Happens sometimes.
    I would have a huge hate for someone (not a small child) taking from my food without asking or saying they didn't want anything and then wanting to eat my food a short time later.

I've stabbed someone with my fork for doing this. He was a work colleague who was too cheap to buy his own food, but more than happy to help himself to everyone else's plates. And he wouldn't use a fork or spoon to take the food, he'd just grab it with his fingers. Gross. And it wasn't even the occasional fry or tater-tot; he'd go straight for the choicest pieces of scampi or steak-tips.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Ehhh, I measure/weigh out all my food so don't you dare touch it if it's on my plate. If we are out to eat - I don't mind but outside of that - BACK OFF.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    oh yes.. let's rant on.

i hate it when my husband forces a bite of his food in my face..or he puts it on my plate. It makes me feel obligated to give him a bite of mine. Manipulating for sure. Many times i don't want his food, as i am enjoying what I CHOSE TO EAT.

It puts me in the awkward position of saying no..because I have issues about anyone taking food I want to enjoy.

A plate of food IS PERSONAL space. It is rude to ask for a bite of someones food.. i don't care it it is your child, spouse, or parent. Wait until it is offered. I usually offer after I've had enough..but when I'm hungry and enjoying my food i resent forced sharing.
  • thecrushinator
    thecrushinator Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    yeah, no. You touch my food and you lose a hand, I made it, I got up and got it from the fridge, I'm eating it. That is a huge peeve for me.
    Or worse being expected to be ok with it. Little kids are the worst, at least with my family I can't count how many times I as the oldest was expected to hand over what I was eating to the younger brats just to stop their crying.