Best Fit Tracker?

Options
boditalk
boditalk Posts: 7 Member
I'm looking to buy a tracker including heart rate, sports etc, economically priced, that will link to this app. What are your suggestions???

Replies

• laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit charge 2. and I think it has everything you are looking for.
  • FotosbyMiguel
    FotosbyMiguel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I recently purchased my Fitbit Blaze and I really like it, the online community and challenges are very motivating.pgbeh13ryerr.jpg
  • Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I love my TomTom Spark 3...It's waterproof, and tracks almost every workout, I think. I use it for it's GPS feature for running, and have had no issues with it.
  • dmccollumnii
    dmccollumnii Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just upgraded to the Garmin VivoSmart HR. Did not go with the HR+ as GPS tracking.... eh..... So far so good and got it for $63.00 from Amazon as a Refurbished unit:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HFJX7VW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have the Garmin VivoFit also, pretty nice little tracker, just wanted heart rate on the wrist is why I upgraded. Not a huge workout freak, just using it for tracking steps, mileage, getting heart into a zone, biking etc. Bonus is the stair counter :)

And links to this app. I use MFP to track calories and to tweak exercises, Garmin Connect for the rest. Something that I noticed also recently is steps are tracking on my phone real time which was pretty cool along with heart rate. For $60, couldn't beat it.

One set back... battery.... I started using mine on Sunday and noticed that the battery is at 50% today. I contribute it to me tinkering with it for hours getting all the options and what not dialed in.

The band is a bit small on me also, should have went with a large I think. I'm a dude and used to be pretty slim, could be all the Fat Tire and Cheese Fries :) I'm on the last few notches on the band and it can be a bit tight. I have my eye on new bands that I can buy that will get me to a larger one.

• OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    For GPS without having to carry a phone and water proof tech, I went with Garmin. I had a vivosmart hr+. I later upgraded to vivoactive hr. I'd def definitely recommend either. Give one a shot for a week, take it back to store and try another. That's how I made my decision.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I use a polar h7 for my workouts and I love it. It's the chest kind which is supposed to be very accurate. You can't wear it all day though so if you want an all day wearable, don't go with the polar.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit Charge2. I have this one: amzn.to/2tLJDf0. I had an old Ultra long ago, but this one is far superior. The challenges are nice to use with the phone app.
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I have had a Fitbit Charge twice and each time it was water damaged after 3 months of use. I wanted a fitness tracker that was simple and I didn't have to recharge it and also water proof when I go swimming, wash dishes or take showers. I didn't care for any extra features. I did my research on YouTube and went with Garmin Vivofit 2. It's not too expensive. It's been 1 year 3 months and the battery hasn't died yet. No water damage. When it's time to replace the battery it will cost me like $4. I rarely take it off. It gets the job done. Garmin connect is the app for it and it does a good job showing my steps and accurately estimating my calories burned. I've been losing weight so far.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Garmin Vivoactive(original not HR/HR+) super happy with both battery life and GPS tracking
  • melissawill2017
    melissawill2017 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I am super happy with my Fitbit Charge 2. It tracks a lot of data and I am surprised by it's accuracy. I love that it tracks sleep and my heart rate. It gives me a lot of reports that I like to look back on. The battery stays charged for a while and it's super comfy to wear. I don't think you'd regret buying one!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Love my Garmin Vivofit 2.
  • EsmeMary101
    EsmeMary101 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Polar a370 not long out. Very good.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!