Quick breakfast ideas please !!

Options
I have to be at work at 7am, so I'm looking for breakfast ideas that is quick to make with a high amount of {protein & fiber}. Please advise thank you.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt "parfait" using Fiber One or Kashi Go Lean cereal.

Make ahead and freeze - egg McMuffins. Bake 9 eggs + 9 egg whites in a 9" square pan. Cut into squares & store with Canadian bacon in a zip-lock bag. Thaw 1 serving overnight in the fridge. In the a.m. toast a high fiber English muffin. Warm eggs & add a slice of 2% cheese.

Oatmeal - I make a big batch in the crockpot with milk (not water). Then store in microwavable containers in the fridge. Re-heat in the a.m. - add fruit (I like banana & cinnamon).
  • CyclingRoadie6
    CyclingRoadie6 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats is big in my house. Fill a few mason jars with dry oats, fill it with milk, berries, and whatever else you want, and let it sit in the fridge. All you need to do is warm it up in the microwave when you wake in the morning, and you're good-to-go.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Protein pancakes - I use egg whites, some oats, protein powder and zucchini. I've also recently started to add green banana flour (high resistant starch content). You could make a big batch and freeze them sandwiched together with nut butter/jam or whatever spread you like.
  • That_Country_Girl82
    That_Country_Girl82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    All I have is a cup of coffee and a tsp of peanut butter to get my metabolism going.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,974 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast for work days is boiled eggs (you can boil them ahead of time and keep them in the fridge), fruit and Greek yogurt. Plus I always have my coffee.

@That_Country_Girl82 Nothing wrong with coffee and peanut butter, but your metabolism only stops when you die. No need to get it going in the morning.
  • roselee2014
    roselee2014 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    These are all wonderful ideas. Thank you'll bunches!!
  • Fade2Blacc
    Fade2Blacc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I make muffin tin fritatas every Sunday for me and my wife. From frozen to microwaved in 2 minutes
  • Smores_24
    Smores_24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    A whey protein shake is quick and easy!