TDEE Calculator

Options
So I used this website tdeecalculator.net, it states my maintenance cals are 2315 and my cutting cals are 1815. MFP has me at 1370 a day for weight loss and I've been trying to be under that, just to account for any variances. I do weigh all my food, so the variances should actually be very minimal.
Is under 1370 too low? I don't feel like I need to eat more, I feel satisfied. I know it takes time, I am not trying to rush my weightloss. I want to do it the healthy way.

Anyone have any thoughts? And why the difference between the websites?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    With TDEE you don't eat back exercise calories. With MFP, you do. You if you have 1370 + exercise calories here on MFP, it should be close to the TDEE number.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't give you your TDEE, it gives you your NEAT. The difference is exercise -- your TDEE includes your intentional exercise, NEAT doesn't (if you're using MFP's goals, it's designed for you to add the calories burnt via exercise and eat those as well).

If you are going with a goal of 1,370 from MFP, there's no reason to go under that -- especially since you know that you are weighing your food and logging accurately.

How long have you been doing this and how much are you averaging per week in weight lost? Setting calculators aside, the best proof is in your actual results.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Do you have MFP at -2lbs per week, if so that would be the reason for 1370 if you aren't looking to loose 75-100 lbs then 2 lbs would be to aggressive. You can change your mfp settings to 1-1.5 a week.
  • rachel780mpg
    rachel780mpg Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't give you your TDEE, it gives you your NEAT. The difference is exercise -- your TDEE includes your intentional exercise, NEAT doesn't (if you're using MFP's goals, it's designed for you to add the calories burnt via exercise and eat those as well).

If you are going with a goal of 1,370 from MFP, there's no reason to go under that -- especially since you know that you are weighing your food and logging accurately.

How long have you been doing this and how much are you averaging per week in weight lost? Setting calculators aside, the best proof is in your actual results.

Ohh ok. I gotcha. That was the piece I was missing.

Im not striving for way under. Its really more how it has worked out.

This is a recent restart after a too long of a break. I have no results to track yet. Previously, I had lost 18 pounds in roughly 5 weeks. I am fairly confident in what I am doing, just got to reading other posts and it thru me off.
  • rachel780mpg
    rachel780mpg Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    Do you have MFP at -2lbs per week, if so that would be the reason for 1370 if you aren't looking to loose 75-100 lbs then 2 lbs would be to aggressive. You can change your mfp settings to 1-1.5 a week.

I do have it set at that. And I am trying to loose at least that much weight. Probably more.