1200 calories

lynnsymo
lynnsymo Posts: 13 Member
I too have been given the figure of 1200 calories. I started following my fitness pal yesterday, today I managed to stay under the recommended 1200 ☺. I think I'll find it easier on the days that I exercise more. I'm planning on 'running' (jogging-i'm a beginner!) every other day. I also have a semi-active job and enjoy gardening, besides staying active with normal activities of daily living.
However, despite taking Levothyroxine for an underactive thyroid for the last 10 months I have found it hard to lose weight/keep fit.
Any tips would be most welcome.

Replies

• cmaina18
    cmaina18 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm pretty sure that an under active thyroid is linked to slower metabolism. I know a few people in similar condition. Just do your best and you'll be fine. Good luck!!!
  • XxMINDREADERxX
    XxMINDREADERxX Posts: 3 Member
    Hi .... I'm new here and would like some friends to help me on my journey and keep me motivated... I have a calorie goal of 1200. I was hoping to get 1000 calories. If you would like to be friends send me a request.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Synthetic levothyroxine didn't work for me. After several months I went back to the doctor and got switched to Armour Thyroid. Keep track of how you feel and related issues like weight so that you can report back to the doc if you need your meds changed.
  • lynnsymo
    lynnsymo Posts: 13 Member
    Thanks for the encouragement
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Hi .... I'm new here and would like some friends to help me on my journey and keep me motivated... I have a calorie goal of 1200. I was hoping to get 1000 calories. If you would like to be friends send me a request.

1,200 is the minimum recommened calories for women, 1,500 for men. Undereating can lead to so many problems, muscle loss, hair loss, and so many others. Do not eat below 1,200 + your excerise calories.