Vacation surprise!

Options
nichell88
nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
I just got back from my week long vacation this afternoon. I pretty much ate what I wanted the entire time including ice cream sundaes, pizza, candy, etc. but I worked out every day pretty much doing the same routine I do at home though I had to improvise some. And I continued to track everything. I went over my caloric allowance all but two days, I believe. Anyway, based on everything I read, I was prepared to come back about 5-10 pounds heavier due to the significant increase in carb and sodium intake, then go back to my normal range. I am so excited to realize that I came back only 2 pounds heavier than I left and within my maintenance range! I was so surprised and excited to see that I could have the week I did with essentially no change. With that said, I'm getting back on track and into my routine. Onward and upward!

Replies

• sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hope you had a wonderful vacation!!! Nice to come home and not feel guilty about enjoying your time. Well done!
  • dm5859
    dm5859 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congrats. It's great you have a nice surprise at the end of an enjoyable holiday. Makes getting back into your normal routine easier and stress free.
  • larsivydody
    larsivydody Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    nichell88 wrote: »
    I just got back from my week long vacation this afternoon. I pretty much ate what I wanted the entire time including ice cream sundaes, pizza, candy, etc. but I worked out every day pretty much doing the same routine I do at home though I had to improvise some. And I continued to track everything. I went over my caloric allowance all but two days, I believe. Anyway, based on everything I read, I was prepared to come back about 5-10 pounds heavier due to the significant increase in carb and sodium intake, then go back to my normal range. I am so excited to realize that I came back only 2 pounds heavier than I left and within my maintenance range! I was so surprised and excited to see that I could have the week I did with essentially no change. With that said, I'm getting back on track and into my routine. Onward and upward!

Wahouu, you look amazing ! Do you lift heavy? How many calories you were eating while losing? How long do your cardiovascular session last? Thanks
  • abbeyfitness123
    abbeyfitness123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm about to go on a cruise, I need some of your luck please!! I just went on vacation and worked out everyday so I know I can do it but cruises are so easy to overeat :(
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,894 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I also just returned from a 1-month holiday.

I didn't log a thing and ate whatever I wanted. But I also exercised a lot ... because for me, that's what a holiday is all about. :)

I have put on 1 kg, but some of that could be flight-induced water weight. I'll know in a couple days.
  • pacingoamy
    pacingoamy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm about to go on a cruise, I need some of your luck please!! I just went on vacation and worked out everyday so I know I can do it but cruises are so easy to overeat :(

I just returned from a cruise. I started each meal with fresh fruit or a friendly salad. I ate what I wanted, but I have also found that I fill easier. I don't eat much bread nowadays, but I thoroughly enjoyed it AND desserts on the cruise. I was active and although we were gone 5 days, I only gained about .5 lbs. It's possible - enjoy, but don't lose your mind ;-)

• nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    Options

@abbeyfitness123 I don't know how much of it is luck. I honestly have put in so much work over the months and my metabolism has increased due to that. While I ate what I wanted, i didn't binge or anything; just relaxed my regimen and enjoyed my vacation. Plus I was very conscious to drink a lot of water throughout the week. So ya, I don't really attribute it to luck, I made it happen. But I'm excited nonetheless
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!