Your fat and Im tired

Options

Replies

• lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Not too harsh, I wish someone would have told me earlier. Congrats on your success so far, you look fabulous!!!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I love it!! Maybe she'll try it this time!!
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I have a sneaky suspicion that, even if you did piss her off this time, you didn't tell her anything she (or any of us) didn't already know. How many "quick fixes" did we all have before coming to the oh-so-sad realization that we had to give up smothered french fries and actually work out in order to send the body fat packing along with the fries? I'm sure she's going through the same thing. One day it will finally click. And one day she'll realize that you were right, and trying to be supportive rather than patronizing her with what she wanted to hear. In short - if she's upset, she'll get over it... probably quicker than you think.
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    Options
    Love your honesty!!!
  • amandal15
    amandal15 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Well, my first thought is wow! Look at you! If I was your friend I wouldn't be thinking about a fad diet...I would be wanting to know all of your secrets. She may have her feelings hurt, but eventually she will realize that what you are saying is true! Good for you! Shoot it to her straight.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Harsh, but I love it. I'm an "in your face honesty" kind of a guy though... so thats right up my aisle.

Hopefully she takes it well.

Love your profile pic...very sexy.

lol... its for booty Thursday, a game my friends are playing. I had a bit to drink and thought it would be funny ;)
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Harsh, but I love it. I'm an "in your face honesty" kind of a guy though... so thats right up my aisle.

Hopefully she takes it well.

Love your profile pic...very sexy.

lol... its for booty Thursday, a game my friends are playing. I had a bit to drink and thought it would be funny ;)

Lol, love it! ;)
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the only answer is some tough love. :heart:

Yep, that's what's it's called. Sad too many people today don't respond well to tough love. I think you did right by your friend AND by yourself.
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    think what you told your friend was perfect! and omg.......you are such an inspiration!! i wish my friend would be that honest with me instead of telling me it is stress, you can't tell, and other crap like that!

and you look AMAZING!!!!!!!! HOT MOMMA!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I'm all for tough love!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I don't think you were harsh at all. And good for you for telling her exactly what she needs to hear but doesn't want to hear.

And btw...your profile pic is amazing, what an inspiration!!! :drinker:
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Move more, eat less will certainly solve her physical issue of being fat, but it's not going to solve her emotional issues... It's really not "all that simple" in practice. She's doing some emotional eating and she needs to take care of whatever is causing it so that she can set herself up for success and actually be ABLE to eat less.

Also as for "diets" I'm not a huge fan of any kind of weird eating plan, but I've used them as a tool before to get me through a few weeks after I have fallen off the wagon with food. If I've been eating poorly, I'll do a few weeks on a restrictive (but still enough calories of course) diet just to help myself regain the discipline I need before branching out into "normal foods" in moderation. So it is possible that your friend could be helped by a temporary restrictive eating plan and then graduate into doing MFP... Just a thought.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    First you look amazing!! Congrats! 2nd your response was right on! I have many friends in the same boat and when they ask my advice I say almost the same exact thing...there is no miracle cure just good old fashioned diet and exercise, etc. Then they change the subject and months later still complain about being fat. You can only do so much to help people and if they aren't willing to put the work in then I don't want to hear about it any longer!!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Options
    Has she not seen you and the amazing transformation youve made? You look awesome! If she were smart, she'd do exactly what you did, no further questions. But she doesn't wanna. She's lazy and still looking for the magic pill that fixes everything "in 21 days", so to speak.

There's no shortcut. It takes sweat and work and more than a little desire and resolve. Judging from her tone, she's still not ready mentally. She hasn't hit a real rock-bottom yet.

I thought your reply was perfect.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    if someone get's pissed off at you for being honest instead of blowing smoke up their *kitten*, they are no fun at all... thusly you don't need them.

and way to go you!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Its definitely not harsh....my response to my friends is harsh. My reply lately has been, "Don't ask me unless you want the TRUTH."
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Um, great inspiration...but can I just throw something out there?

You have told her to come to this website and then you post her email on here with the title "your fat and I'm tired"

:ohwell:

Just thinking they may stumble on this post and thought I'd point it out.

Great progress by the way! Fantastic job! :flowerforyou:
  • Elysian13
    Elysian13 Posts: 79
    Options
    Sometimes you just got to be truthful and the truth hurts. She'll probably be upset, but she'll get over it. :) She is lucky to have a friend like you!

BTW congrats on your weight loss! Looking at your profile picture you look great! :D
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Well said, however, until she is ready she's not gonna do anything bout it!
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Options
    Um, great inspiration...but can I just throw something out there?

You have told her to come to this website and then you post her email on here with the title "your fat and I'm tired"

:ohwell:

Just thinking they may stumble on this post and thought I'd point it out.

Great progress by the way! Fantastic job! :flowerforyou:
    Umm yes, because I have nothing to hide...She said she was(and I quote) officially fat! and you can quote me "Im tired of hearing about it"!
    My only concern was I was harsh in my email because she didnt reply, but if she does deciede to join Ill be more than Happy to share all my MFP contents with her! Yup sure will!!!