What's the most efficiant way?

Options
I've been on maintenance mode for the past 7 months or so. However, within the past few days I just realized that I need to lose about 3 more lbs to get a perfect fit for my wedding dress.

I only have 7 weeks to lose 3 lbs. What's the most efficient way to lose 3 lbs in 7 weeks? I am going back to 1200 cals a day too.

Should I do only cardio? Only strength training? A combination of both?

Thanks!

Replies

• uwhuskygirl
    Options
    I've been on maintenance mode for the past 7 months or so. However, within the past few days I just realized that I need to lose about 3 more lbs to get a perfect fit for my wedding dress.

I only have 7 weeks to lose 3 lbs. What's the most efficient way to lose 3 lbs in 7 weeks? I am going back to 1200 cals a day too.

Thanks!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

Thanks!

Definitely both. I just read- a pound of muscle may be like a baseball, whereas a pound of fat is like a huge tub of feathers. So if you muscle up, your not going to bulk and get bigger, you'll look leaner and slimmer. Muscle weighs more than fat, and you need that muscle to burn away that fat. Does it make sense, or did I miss something out?:happy:
  • MisoSoup79
    Options

Thanks!

Definitely both. I just read- a pound of muscle may be like a baseball, whereas a pound of fat is like a huge tub of feathers. So if you muscle up, your not going to bulk and get bigger, you'll look leaner and slimmer. Muscle weighs more than fat, and you need that muscle to burn away that fat. Does it make sense, or did I miss something out?:happy:

I agree that you should do both... an in your case, focus on inches rather than pounds because it's inches you need to lose to fit into a dress.... So... don't focus on what the scale says, but whip out your measuring tape instead! Seven weeks is plenty of time to lose a couple inches, but you'll have to work for it! Good luck!
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    The explanation that "muscle weighs more than fat, so go ahead and build muscle" is a bit simplistic.

If you do decided to do strength-training, you need to make sure that you're doing high reps, and preferably with your own body weight - e.g. squats, leg lifts and lunges for your legs, as opposed to using "machines" to lift weights. And the last thing you want to do right now is high-intensity cycling - that can make your legs bigger!

If I were you, I'd set your calories to lose 1/2 pound per week and increase the time you spend on low-intensity aerobic exercise like walking or swimming. Running is ok, too. But NO INCLINE!

As a final tip, one of my friends who got married last year lost a few pounds just by giving up alcohol before the wedding. All you need is a small change that you can sustain for 7 weeks.