New and looking for friends

silentpirate
silentpirate Posts: 3 Member
edited September 30 in Introduce Yourself
Hey there, I just started up a new account a couple weeks ago when I decided to get serious about getting healthy. I'm a full time college student who has been overweight my whole life. It's time to start feeding my body things that are good for it - it's been two weeks and already I can feel the difference since I cut out most sweets and chips.

I'm looking for friends to help keep me accountable and on task. I'm looking to lose about 30 lbs total. I'm 5 foot 3, and all this extra weight is hard on my joints and packs on my small frame. I'm pear shaped, so most of my weight is in my thighs/legs/hips instead of my stomache, so from a health perspective I guess I'm lucky in that regard.

I just need to find motiviation to excercise, that's where I always have problems. If you have suggestions for easy, effective excercises to ease me into a routine, that'd be great.

Thanks all! :)

Replies

• bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Hi Welcome... You will love this site! Feel free to add me! :)
  • Hi there! I'm a full time college student as well and looking to lose about the same amount of weight as you. Id love to help keep you motivated. Feel free to add me :)
  • Kphenderson
    Kphenderson Posts: 60 Member
    We are in almost the exact same bout. I'm a full time college student as well, 5"3, and we almost weight the same. We can keep each other motivated! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    HELLO, nice to have u here......im happy for u that u join mfp...im here for u . also; u can add me if u want....u can motivate me and i will motivate u.:smile:
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    You've come to great site for support & motivation, there's loads of wonderful people here to help

Good Luck

Di :smile:
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Hello!

I joined last Friday and this site has made a HUGE impact on my sticking to "the plan". I decided to make my weight loss fitness program a full time job - my second job. MFP's food and exercise logs make the job so much easier.

I'm 5'3" and started with a weight of 242 pounds. My weigh-in days are on Fridays, but on Monday, I was curious and weighed in at 238 pounds - a loss of four pounds. I believe this had to do with the fact that I increased my physical activity. I vowed to walk at least one hour each day on the treadmill. I also do 15 minutes of weights, alternating days for upper and lower body workouts. I do one minute of situps because that's all I can do for now.

I'll be 57 years old in September and my goal is to weigh at least 130 pounds by my 59th birthday.

I plan to retire on 12/31/2016, at age 62.

Bottom Line: Make EXERCISE your number one priority. That's the "secret" behind shedding excess weight. EXERCISE.

PS: While I'm on the treadmill, I get in 60 minutes of reading -- something you can appreciate as a college student!
  • Hello. I joined yesterday. This place is a great place. Please feel free to add me. ( I could some more friends) haha
  • LilOlMe69
    LilOlMe69 Posts: 89 Member
    Welcome! Feel free to add me! This is a great forum for support! You have comet to the right place! :)
  • I'm new too! Please add me if you wish! I'm 5'2 and weigh 150, just turned 28 the weight creeped on. I'm working with a trainer to get back to my college days weight. Goal of 130 :)
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    :smile: Hello, welcome. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • chynn
    chynn Posts: 27 Member
    hi!
    im new to the community as well.
    add me if youd like!

chin
  • You have come to the right place, here everyone compliments everyone, I just started my self not long ago & I can already feel a big difference in my body & in my eating habits & with the encouragment of all the great people on here cheering you on, you can reach your goal weight. Stay strong, you can do this, go for it !!
This discussion has been closed.