How I got fat... the healthy way lol

Options
fatvegan88
fatvegan88 Posts: 71 Member
To be honest, many will be annoyed by this but I had to say it. I'm 228 lbs and 5'6 and I got fat eating too many fruits and vegetables. I don't eat junk at all. When people see what I eat and they see that I'm fat, they always tell me to get my thyroid checked. I'm fat because I overate on good foods. I overate apples, avocados, blueberries and even broccoli. I haven't had a piece of pizza in a while and tonight had some soy ice cream which I haven't had in ages. I am proof that it's calories in and calories out even if you eat 2500 calories of brown rice and veggies, you will gain weight. I'm also incredibly lazy. So here's to me calorie counting and not eating a whole container of strawberries in one sitting and actually getting up every once in a while.

Replies

• sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! Your most powerful tool is your mind....use it to eat right and move more!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Funny you should mention strawberries, as those little babies are the ones you can eat the whole container. Avocados and brown rice, on the other hand, are dense with calories. Use the food diary and the USDA nutrition database to choose wisely. You'll never post a discussion about hating vegetables.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    It's always a little easier when you know where you went wrong and how to fix it :smile: Good luck!
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Yep, me too girl!

The key is weighing out my food and tracking it.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Why, rice? WHY!?!?
  • Befitorbesorry
    Befitorbesorry Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been there! Love to eat and when it's healthy and you aren't documenting it's easy to do! Best wishes on your journey!
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Luckily you found MFP and if you log everything honestly and consistently and keep moving physically, the scale will move in the right direction for you. All the best.
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'd lose weight on 2500 calories...
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me! We moved out to the country, half an hour away from the nearest McDonald's, 45 minutes from a Starbuck's. I cooked everything from scratch *and* did farm chores every day. Put on 30+ pounds in a year! :blush:
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of all the healthy stir fries I'd make with brown rice, vegetables and coconut oil LOL You got this!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I am gaining weights on purpose by just eating meat, seafood, fruits, and vegetables lol. I kind of like it! Never been into ice cream or cake (what's the deal with frosting?) People are surprised im able to gain weight on it, and i just tell them evoo has become my best friend.
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. Hopefully more will understand it's not what you eat (for the most part) but How Much because everyone assumes those who are overweight eat nothing but junk when many times it's not the case. Wishing you luck in dialing back the foods you know caused the gain and in your weight loss journey!
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    You kind of sound like a coworker of mine who is vegan (for ethical reasons) and overweight, possibly obese. She periodically complains that she eats healthy but can't lose weight because she has a "naturally slow metabolism". :smile:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I can easily eat an entire bag of cherries. Pretty sure that's at least 1000 calories right there.
  • OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Great share, @fatvegan88. I used to do the exact same. In addition to my usual meals, my issue was with the oats, bananas, and nuts that I ate tons of daily. Once I was able to see how the calories added up I was able to find my way. Good luck!
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,757 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've had no problems scarfing down an entire bag of grapes or cherries so I see where you're coming from.