50 lb in 500 days

Options
I don't feel like a person who has 50lb to lose, but the scale doesn't lie. I've been working from home full time and wearing a lot of elastic-waist pants, so I guess that's how my weight crept up on me. I'm in no particular rush to loose the weight and clearly need to retrain my perception of portion sizes, so I'm committing to logging my intake and exercise for at least 500 days, aiming for a 1-ish lb/wk deficit, at least at first. Today is day 27. I completed one fitness blender workout plan and started another, my going to town clothes already fit better, and I feel stronger and more confident.

I just wanted to have this thread on record so 473 days from now I can come back and post that I did it :smile:

Replies

• Karyn1120
    Karyn1120 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    500 days is definitely doable. I started July 19th and have lost 45 pounds --
    Good luck on your journey! And feel free to friend me!
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting your journey! And on having an attainable goal! You can do it!
  • ATrain22
    ATrain22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just may take this challenge as well. I'm on week 2 of my work-out, fitness plan, and I have to lose 50 - 70 lbs. I have a full-time job in marketing/communications and I work from home for my side business. I definitely haven't made the time to focus on my health and as you say - the weight crept up on me. Looking forward to seeing your results!
  • samwiserabbit
    samwiserabbit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yay! Thanks for the support!
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan! Good luck :)
  • bendis2007
    bendis2007 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an awesome plan!! Best of luck - you can do it!! My goal is 20 pounds in 12 weeks. I'm excited to see your post 473 days from now celebrating your victory!
  • samwiserabbit
    samwiserabbit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Oh Hey! I didn't do it, by the way.

Still working on those last five pounds.

But still, 45 lbs in 500 days might not be as round and pretty as 50, but I'll tell you this, I'm less round and more pretty than I was 519 days ago.

Plus, I got back in the habit of working out regularly, adjusting my intake to match my activity level, eating food that satisfies me better, and not drinking as much wine and beer (which I'm thinking was what made me fat in the first place, in hindsight).

I also recognize that I'm not as young as I used to be and my lifestyle has changed so that I can't just not own a scale and never look in the mirror and eat what and how much I feel like and not gain weight.

So yeah, I failed at the arbitrary goal I set myself but succeeded at the real objective: I'm back to feeling like my attractive and confident self.

I'll take my time with those last five pounds.

SW: 186
    CW: 141
    GW: 136

(36 yo, F, 5' 8")