Getting back on track !

Options
So I have lost 22lbs in 7 weeks through clean eating and exercising. I was really in the zone and determined. I took sick last week and it has thrown me off. I have no energy and I have been eating really badly but I can't seem to get on track again. Would anyone have advice? How to get my energy levels up? How to get motivated again ?

Replies

• Redwing88
    Redwing88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eat a clean meal-my favorite choices for reset meals are tuna (just on lettuce or eat with a fork) with strawberries on the side or drinking a cup of unsalted chicken stock.

Both of these help remove the salt buildup and get rid of bloat for me which jumpstart me.

Also, get rid of the bad foods! Throw them away. If you're a fast food eater, stop going. Give someone else permission to read your statements and hold you accountable if they find fast food on it. Also, no cash in the car.

Congrats on your progress. Success doesn't mean never failing. It means getting righr back up and doing it right again.

• CrackinAces
    CrackinAces Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try removing added sugars, especially added fructose or high fructose corn syrup. Your energy levels should rise and you should see results fairly quickly which will help keep you motivated :)
  • kristirobinson1
    kristirobinson1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If you still need some help, please message me. I have an accountability group starting July 24th and I think you'd be a good fit.
  • AmandaA077
    AmandaA077 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! I am curious, would you mind sharing what you were doing in terms of fitness and nutrition? I see so many people have great success stories and the scale has not budged for me.. I know I have not been as consistent as i could be but it helps to hear what other people have done that has worked.

When i need to get back into it, i just start slow.. just getting into the gym is half the battle! If i can get a few good work outs in a row and a few days of relatively good eating, then i feel like i can get back on track!
  • aine1993mckay
    aine1993mckay Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Amanda , I kick started my weight loss with the Jason vale 7 day juice challenge, it isn't for everyone but I felt it definitely helped me detox and start over , I lost 8 pound in one week. From then I have been doing the 5:2 diet , eating clean lots of protein, fruit and veg. Drinking lots of water. For exercise I do yoga once and week , walking and HIIT workouts at home. I'm a nurse and working long hours the last thing I wanna do is hit the gym so I do what I can in my space time.
    I'm in week 7 and I'm really struggling to stay on track. I think I just need to stop being hard on my self and just start fresh. I understand everyone has hard days. I just home I can get back to were I was.