Any knitters/Ravelers?

Options
CTcutie
CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
edited July 2017 in Chit-Chat
I need new knitting friends... anybody out there?! I've only been knitting since a few years off & on, but one of my LYS closed recently & none of my friends are into knitting... they are very supportive, though B)
Made a pullover sweater last winter, but it's too big now, so I need to start on a new one :)
I'm planning on going to the Rhinebeck fest in October & I don't live that far away. This will be my first fest!

Replies

• angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I crochet sometimes
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    bump
  • phaliamfp
    phaliamfp Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm a knitter, although I haven't knit anything in a few months. I started knitting myself a sweater before I decided to lose weight, so it's going into the frog pond. I'm currently knitting a pair of rainbow socks.
  • WanderingLass
    WanderingLass Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm a knitter/crocheter/Ravelery (WanderingLass!)/spinner/weaver!!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Back in my day they just called them Ravers.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I can crochet and am learning how to knit. I'm working on a scarf/beanie set right now.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    578d0bbwy2gc.jpg
    Knitted puppy blanket with crochet trim. And I've made larger blankets for people.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    A little dish towel. A friend taught me how to crochet this, while I watched over my mom. rdjyvbgcy9tj.jpg
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    What's a raveler? A general term for people who crochet and such?
  • phaliamfp
    phaliamfp Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ravelry.com on the surface is a website full of free and paid crochet and knitting patterns and yarn. Trust me that it is actually much much more. You are a raveler if you have an account.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    No. I can't knit or crochet, but I can sew, so so... Is that weird? LOL
    I'm not great at it because I don't sew very often, but I've made a few dresses for my daughter a few years ago & used to make historical re-enactment clothing for myself back when I was in college.
  • take2spicy
    take2spicy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I knit & crochet. ❤
  • Ctink64
    Ctink64 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge knitter, crochet, spin, quilt fanatic. And raveler! My daughter and I go to Rhinebeck almost every year! The night before it starts all the indie sellers have a great show, don't miss it! Friend me on Ravelry, it's fun to post projects and get ideas from everyone...
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    I crochet.. and love it.. I am about to learn how to knit! :smiley:
  • zcb94
    Options
    phaliamfp wrote: »
    Ravelry.com on the surface is a website full of free and paid crochet and knitting patterns and yarn. Trust me that it is actually much much more. You are a raveler if you have an account.

Oh okay. I don't use that website. *shows myself to the door*
  • zcb94
    Options
    I crochet.. and love it.. I am about to learn how to knit! :smiley:
    You definitely should. I think learning knitting when you already know crochet is harder though. I too can crochet and am practicing intermediate knitting, so I can relate.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Holy sheeet!

A knitter.

In Connecticut.

Milady, what is your proficiency level on V-neck fair isle sweaters and knitted, square end ties?

ga8nkae9gpc6.gif
  • take2spicy
    Options
    I'm making a crochet Boho circle jacket to wear this fall. I might go to the Vermont Sheep & wool festival this year. I'm on ravelry. More active there in the winter though. I knit more in the winter crochet more during summer but love both.
  • take2spicy
    Options
    Oh & I love to knit socks & I love fair isle & Old Swedish knit patterns on sweaters. I've done a fair amount of crochet graphgans as well. I also like crochet filet charts for tiny stuff like curtains or table runners etc.
  • hollyshealthylife
    hollyshealthylife Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes! Ravelry is amazing. One of the biggest motivators to lose weight is that knitting a sweater would be SO MUCH LESS EXPENSIVE. Seriously. So many skeins.